Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
A curious endeavor.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: A curious endeavor.
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
A curious endeavor. 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 31

Is it really true? Are forbidden fruit the sweetest? You may take this, any way you think. After all, everyone has different ideas on this.

In thinking of it as the actual 'forbidden fruit', or the apple, it is indeed sweet, but not the sweetest fruit, but only in my opinion. Although, I rather take it into the context that it is the things we desire most, in which we are not suppose to have. Being as the beings we are, we do tend to crave, what we cannot get. Then, once we get it, we believe it to be a miracle, or even the 'sweetest' thing, do we not?

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:A curious endeavor. 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Did you know that the apple is in fact not the forbidden fruit? We had this come up years ago in a game of trivial pursuit. Even ended up calling our most religious family friend, that follows the bible, to double check and it is only called the forbidden fruit. No fruit is actually named in any version of the bible. Just a little piece of trivia. I think what happened is people mix up the forbidden fruit with the fruit of knowledge, which I believe is the apple, and don't even realize it hehe.

And I know a lot of people desire what they can't have the most, but I've noticed I seem to be more of a realist as I mostly desire obtainable things. But then again, I have always been a bit odd lol. I find what I see as the 'sweetest fruit' is what I already have rather than what I desire.

And taken in a more literal tense, I think kiwi is the sweetest fruit.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Tataru
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:A curious endeavor. 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
Chocolate always tastes better when your on a diet.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Haughty Humph in the Claim Game
Langus
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:A curious endeavor. 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
There's something alluring about seeing something you want and knowing it's within your grasp yet still out of reach. It's all about the expectation and the anticipation. Once you have it you realize it's just another "fruit", but hope it tastes sweet for your efforts anyway.

Logged Logged

[img] http://fc65.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/031/4/4/441a265f509fa2446485eec83c5450ec.jpg [/img]
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.