Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Jump on in?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Jump on in?
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Jump on in? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 31
Just seeing how people would react to a situation.

Scenario: you're sitting there on the computer, and you need to get up and stretch. You turn around to get up, and there is something new in your room. Your mind says,'Portal?' (No, not the game!!) what is your reaction to this phenomena?

Mine 1: "Holy crap!" I call the boyfriend. "It's finally happened! there's a portal in my room. Get over here quickly, before it disappears!" Then, while I wait for him, I would start packing, saying my goodbye to mom, telling her to keep care of herself, and I will try to contact her, since she already said she wouldn't ever go. When all is ready, and the boyfriend is there, with probably a video came and the like, we'd jump through.

Mine 2: If it wasn't going to stay there for long, I would call someone, and tell them to say goodbye to everyone for me. Then, I'd grab one of the many weapons in my room, and then I'd jump in.

Of course, there is the possibility of dying upon entry, but I'd take that chance. It's just too bad 'bags of holding' do not exist in this world. That would make everything easier.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/01/12 17:54 By Smittee.

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Nefret
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Jump on in? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 12
Smittee wrote:
It's just too bad 'bags of holding' do not exist in this world. That would make everything easier.

For all you know, the portal could lead to Bagworld, an entire universe inside a bag of holding.

I'd go through it - I don't know if I'd even take time to call someone. Maybe just scribble a note and stick it to the fridge:

'Dear Mum,

Gone through giant portal in my bedroom. May not be home for dinner.

Love,

Nefret.

PS. Please call work and tell them I might not be in tomorrow.'

I would, however, bring shoes and a warm coat.

Logged Logged
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Jump on in? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 31
Perhaps it would be a world in a bag. I just hope someone remembered to add food into that bag, every once in a while.

I see. so, I'm not the only lunatic that wouldn't test it first, to make sure it would work.

Logged Logged

~Wick3d Ang3l~
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Jump on in? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
At this moment I would kiss my son goodbye and jump in. I could use a relief from real life!

Logged Logged

Soon-to-be Mrs. Mistress Incomprehensible
toranushi23
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Jump on in? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 2
I would jump in as soon as it appeared, i mean that's a once in a lifetime(if that) experience. I mean if a portal opened in my room ... I'd take that as a sign from God!

Logged Logged
Tataru
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Jump on in? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
I prob have the most boring approach, I would grap the cam and put it through and see what was on the other side.

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Haughty Humph in the Claim Game
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Jump on in? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 31
Tataru wrote:
I prob have the most boring approach, I would grap the cam and put it through and see what was on the other side.

It may seem boring to some, but it might be the safest. you could see if it was destroyed in the process, and you'd have a 'safe search on'. you wouldn't have to worry about what was on the other side as much.

Although, it might be bad if something or someone came though first, before you could. who know what may jump out at you...Although, I'd probably thank whatever it is, unless it was a bomb etc., for showing me that portals do exist in this reality, so I don't have to be searching other ones, to fill the void of the complexities of sight and thought....(( Whoa... I'm using a word like 'complexities', at 4:16 a.m.? My mind is brave today/tonight.))

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/01/14 04:20 By Smittee.

zandrellia
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Jump on in? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 14
Haa.... "The vastness of time and space and I end up here?" I once had a button that said that. I constantly wondered what was out there and where I might go when I was younger. Young and free and all that silly nonsense. Well... it's not really nonsense but it feels like it once you've found something worth more to you.

I have two children... my eldest child has autism. When I swore to be his mother, despite being a single mom at the time and despite the hardships I knew he and I would endure together... I took an oath within myself that I would never leave him until my time here on this Earth was finished.

Unfortunately as exciting as it might be I could not bring myself to enter such a portal. Growing up I read the entire Narnia series and I loved the notion that there were possible other worlds running in parallel or even in unison with our own and that, maybe one day our people might go to that world to see their people. Still... the message within was not lost on me either and call me a dreamer but I truly believe that if I were to find a sudden portal to another realm within my room I would likely leave it alone, even if there was a possibility it never returned, because I'd know that by some twist of fate I was meant to go to that place. And if you are truly meant to go somewhere you will, even if you didn't when you first had the chance.

So I would stay at home. I would be patient and consider my options for protecting my family from this portal. I'd likely set up traps, depending on the position of the portal. I would not send anything into it and I would not make any attempts to lure anything out of it. I've known true danger in my life and I refuse to invite it into my home on some whim.

Now... if I were single with no children? I would pack some useful items like a machete, a couple bottles of water, some fire starting tools, some water purification tablets, a few MRE's, a first aid kit, a bit of rum, a fully mechanical camera, extra film, a couple blank notebooks, a few pencils, a small sewing kit, an extra set of clothes, a heavy coat, a pot, one of those nifty camping plates with a spoon and knife, a sleeping bag, and a pack to put them all in like the sort that army soldiers carry around. (All purchased for cheap at my local Army/Navy store. ) Once I'm ready? Goodbye world!

Logged Logged
~Wick3d Ang3l~
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Jump on in? 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 8
Zandrellia is right, despite what I said previously, no matter what I couldn't go through it at this point in my life. My son needs me too much to just walk away and leave him with his father.

Now, if I didn't have a child, I would go. At this point in my life, I would just jump in, trusting that who/what it was that put this portal here would guide me when I arrived on the other side. I might possibly call my grandparents and tell them goodbye and not to worry about me, but other then that I would go head first into the unknown.

Logged Logged

Soon-to-be Mrs. Mistress Incomprehensible
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.