Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
How raunchy can we get with sex scenes?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 1
TOPIC: How raunchy can we get with sex scenes?
Dreaming Hearts
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
How raunchy can we get with sex scenes? 2 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Just curious, since I'm still new to Dokuga, but how descriptive can we be with those intimate scenes? Is vulgar language not allowed, even if the story is rated M? I have a couple one-shots that pretty much makes fun of some fanfics of mine, where the romance is super rushed, but in a comedic way, with some inappropriate words mentioned...

How far is too far?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Dunkelgelb
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How raunchy can we get with sex scenes? 2 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 27
My favorite writing subject, mwahaha. Just about anything you can think up (explicit descriptions of sexual activity, vulgar and/or sexually-oriented language, aka 'dirty talk,' kinks/fetishes, etc.) is permitted, as long as you give the story the appropriate rating. In this case, that rating would be 'MA' for 'Mature.' Also, you might consider adding a custom warning in the summary or in the 1st chapter, to lay out the exact content of the story in more detail if you don't feel the standard MA rating is enough info for readers and the site moderators.

A phrase that is frequently used here, regarding story content, is 'No YIMs!' - 'YIM' stands for 'Young Impressionable Minds'. Generally, to say 'No YIMs!' means 'No underage readers permitted.' So you might work that into your summary if you feel the need.

Welcome to Dokuga!

Logged Logged
Dreaming Hearts
Pup
graphgraph
Re:How raunchy can we get with sex scenes? 2 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Good to know!

Thank you for responding back! I was a bit worried some form of MA wasn't allowed, guess it's time for some happy writing. xD

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:How raunchy can we get with sex scenes? 2 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
Dunkelgelb wrote:

A phrase that is frequently used here, regarding story content, is 'No YIMs!' - 'YIM' stands for 'Young Impressionable Minds'. Generally, to say 'No YIMs!' means 'No underage readers permitted.' So you might work that into your summary if you feel the need.

Welcome to Dokuga!

Actually YIM stands for "Young Impressionable Marble." The genesis was from when we had chat here on the site and would host a DDN (Drabble Drawble Night) in our chat. Occasionally, sugar0o would host what she called "Gutter Marble DDN" for the over 18 crowd. Then we started calling the underage crowd Young Impressionable Marbles to distinguish them from the people that would be allowed in the MA chat.

So, yeah. YIM actually started with r0o-zilla... and I miss her!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:How raunchy can we get with sex scenes? 2 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 277
Whispered Heart wrote:
Good to know!

Thank you for responding back! I was a bit worried some form of MA wasn't allowed, guess it's time for some happy writing. xD

Do be sure to read this tutorial on ratings. If you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to contact me:

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/34-authors-tools/51603-dokuga-authors-tutorial-ratings#51603

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.