Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Curiosity killed the fox.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Curiosity killed the fox.
Beautifully Wicked
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Curiosity killed the fox. 7 Years ago Karma: 20
Before Dokuga there was a fanfiction site called A Single Spark and it was a SessKag haven just lIke this site. Well Spark, from my understanding, couldn't be funded anymore and it was going to die am Internet death. Out from the ashes appeared Dokuga and then it was announced that ALL the fic that was on ASS would be archived here. Hopefully that sums it up. I'm not an admin but I was there for the transition. Hopefully I got it some what right.

Logged Logged

Wicked knows all... watch her bounce

I claimed Jakotsu\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Sword in the Claim GAME!
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kit Sune
Pup
graphgraph
Curiosity killed the fox. 7 Years ago Karma: 0
Or not (I hope not xD)

Silly thing. I've been wondering... What's the difference between 'Spark' and 'Dokuga'? It's 'Spark' something different? The same? Why are there older fics? Why is the rating different? Are these too many questions?(?)

Thanks for your time >//<

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Curiosity killed the fox. 7 Years ago Karma: 277
Here is our history, as briefly as possible:

Around 2007/2008, A Single Spark was THE only Sess/Kag site around. ~Winter~ owned the site but had left the running of it to others. Our fearless leader, Miss Kagura was upset with the way some things were being handled and decided to create her own Sess/Kag site, along with Demonlordlover.

They breathed life into Dokuga, and many people from A Single Spark joined here too. Shortly after Dokuga was born, ~Winter~ decided to shut down A Single Spark... but Miss Kagura convinced her that we shouldn't lose all those wonderful stories from the years that A Single Spark was open. ~Winter~ kindly bequeathed all the stories from A Single Spark to Miss Kagura for inclusion here.

Given that Dokuga was a free-standing site before A Single Spark closed, Miss Kagura decided to leave the A Single Spark stories in their own archive and just host them as part of our site. She completed folding the 'Spark archive into Dokuga in around 2010, I believe, and it's been in its current form ever since.

All authors who left their stories on the A Single Spark site were incorporated into the 'Spark archive along with their profiles. Their stories were carried over exactly as written, or as close as Miss K could get. She wanted to honor ~Winter~ and her vision in creating the first and largest Sess/Kag single-pairing site on the 'net by leaving things as much the same as possible - but still making the navigation the same as Dokuga so that people who came along later wouldn't be confused.

As I was a 'guinea pig' for many of the changes and tweaks that Miss K made to Dokuga in the early days, I am, I believe, one of the oldest current members. (Unless Miss K and Demonlordlover are lurking somewhere - in which case, get your fannies back here!) All of us who knew her got a kick out of working with Miss K and wish she'd find her way back to us someday. In the meantime, our intrepid band of Admins tries to stay as true to her vision as we can!

Hope that helps answer your questions!

~~Wiocan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Beautifully Wicked
Whelp
graphgraph
Wiccan ftw! I remember the transition of Spark and Dokuga becoming one and the same. Though I lurked throughout Spark constantly.

Logged Logged

I claimed Jakotsu\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Sword in the Claim GAME!
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Curiosity killed the fox. 7 Years ago Karma: 277
Beautifully Wicked wrote:
Wiccan ftw! I remember the transition of Spark and Dokuga becoming one and the same. Though I lurked throughout Spark constantly.

You had it close... I just happened to be involved in all the behind-the-scenes doings, that's all. BOTH of us ftw!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Beautifully Wicked
Whelp
graphgraph
Thanks Wiccan!

Logged Logged

Kit Sune
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Curiosity killed the fox. 6 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you all! *^* to think that I've been missing the opportunity to read all that fics, laying there, gathering tons of digital dust *^*~ And to know that dokuga has such a rich, beautifull history of such a dedicated fandom! Yaay!

Logged Logged
Beautifully Wicked
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Curiosity killed the fox. 6 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 20
You're very welcome! There is a ton of amazing fic in the Spark Archives! Have fun and be safe you might not come back the same~!

Logged Logged

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.