Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Twilight
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Twilight
AmberDawn
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
They are recasting Jacob?? Who would Jacob be likened to in the Inuyasha world?? Kouga?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kris Catastrophe
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
god i hope they dont i liked him i think he would be Koga because it is like Sesshomaru and kagome with edawars and bella(or it could be Inuyasha and kagome whatever one you like)

Logged Logged

haha my wesker beats your batman.....I WIN!!!!!!
Emiko
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 59
*LITE SPOILERS BEWARE!!*

I, too, went to see the movie twice. The desire was more due to wanting to see a film representation of the book I was in love with rather than the actual movie itself, however. There are many issues regarding the movie I have problems with. Although not utterly destoyed, like Eragon, it was completely rushed. There was no implied progression in the relationship between Bella and Edward. It seemed like it went from "I hate you" to "I love you" in the span of days. Which left me aloof and unable to get into the feel while watching the movie. It was like watching some teenage girl in the mist of boycraziness. I was impressed w/Rob Pat, though. I admit that before seeing the movie I had my doubts about the majority of the cast, but he did indeed gain hottie potential in my book. I did feel that some of his scenes seemed a little forced or akward, but I think it was due to Kristen Stewart's horrible acting, being that most of his straining happened in the couple scenes. On that note, I'm sorry if this pisses people off who feel differently and I accept that this is my opinion and that others may not share it . . . but Bella was ruined!!! KS shook her head, blinked and stuttered so much through the whole movie, I thought she had a 2 hour long seizure. I hid my face in my scarf during her scenes out of the shame of her destroying the character she was portraying. I did love Alice, however. I felt she was almost spot on. Jasper had an Edward Sissorhands look the whole movie. Emmett grew on me and Rose wasn't so bad. Jacob wasn't bad either, but I couldn't picture him and Bella together (meaning based on the actor's portrayal and not the book's). Of course, the common complaint of the masses was that the cast was not beautiful enough. I neither support nor disagree w/that claim. It's hard to make honest comparisons because the desciptions of the characters in the book make them seem almost "god-like". It would be tough shoes to fill by nearly anyone. Overall, aside from Bella and the hurry, it was still a movie worth seeing . . . twice.

<3 L

Logged Logged
Kris Catastrophe
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 2
you are right it seemed to be in a hurry and thats why they have a new person amking new moon mine you it is the guy who did the Golden Compass and American Pie so i think it should be pritty good.

Logged Logged

DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 11
!!!

They can't recast Jacob! Taylor Lautner was amazing! I loved him!

sexy + good actor = Taylor Lautner

Logged Logged
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
I wonder how they'll be able to make all four books in such a short time period.

They pretty much have to still look seventeen/eighteen/whatever, and four years may be pushing it a little. Well, actually, maybe not if they shoot each one in less than/in one year.

Logged Logged
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Oh, and Merry Christmas yall!

<O>
<OoO>
<OoOoO>
|#|

Logged Logged
precioushime16
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
Smoke Goddess wrote:
*LITE SPOILERS BEWARE!!*

I, too, went to see the movie twice. The desire was more due to wanting to see a film representation of the book I was in love with rather than the actual movie itself, however. There are many issues regarding the movie I have problems with. Although not utterly destoyed, like Eragon, it was completely rushed. There was no implied progression in the relationship between Bella and Edward. It seemed like it went from "I hate you" to "I love you" in the span of days. Which left me aloof and unable to get into the feel while watching the movie. It was like watching some teenage girl in the mist of boycraziness. I was impressed w/Rob Pat, though. I admit that before seeing the movie I had my doubts about the majority of the cast, but he did indeed gain hottie potential in my book. I did feel that some of his scenes seemed a little forced or akward, but I think it was due to Kristen Stewart's horrible acting, being that most of his straining happened in the couple scenes. On that note, I'm sorry if this pisses people off who feel differently and I accept that this is my opinion and that others may not share it . . . but Bella was ruined!!! KS shook her head, blinked and stuttered so much through the whole movie, I thought she had a 2 hour long seizure. I hid my face in my scarf during her scenes out of the shame of her destroying the character she was portraying. I did love Alice, however. I felt she was almost spot on. Jasper had an Edward Sissorhands look the whole movie. Emmett grew on me and Rose wasn't so bad. Jacob wasn't bad either, but I couldn't picture him and Bella together (meaning based on the actor's portrayal and not the book's). Of course, the common complaint of the masses was that the cast was not beautiful enough. I neither support nor disagree w/that claim. It's hard to make honest comparisons because the desciptions of the characters in the book make them seem almost "god-like". It would be tough shoes to fill by nearly anyone. Overall, aside from Bella and the hurry, it was still a movie worth seeing . . . twice.

<3 L

You are totally right!! I have to admit that I went into the movie a little close minded because of all the previews and I wanted it to be like the book.I think that rob pattinson played edward well and kristen stewart really screwed up bella. i mean i know that a lot of people didn't like that bella was so dependent on edward so tey tried to make her more independent in the movie but ks doesn't show it..and that eyebrow thing and the stuttering really annoyed me...i don't think she tripped or fell near enough for you to understand at the end when her mother told her she fell out the window and she said "that sounds like me"..it was a good movie if you read the book and great if you haven't...I feel that in the movie you don't really understand the depth of edward and bella's gradual love because it was rushed so i wonder how they are going to try new moon..and how can they recast JACOB?? that's ABSURD!! They picked the perfect guy for him even though he was aloof.(sigh) well now thath i've vented....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Logged Logged

I'm not cute or built to fit a fashion model's size.
It's in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal Woman
That's me.
--Maya Angelou
Maru
Pup
graphgraph
SPOILER ALERT!!!!! 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
I noticed that someone mentioned that Kouga might liken to Jacob... and I, as always, want to put my two cents in. *ducks as things are thrown his way and yells of "Shut up!" are heard* So I'm going to.

I can see where Kouga would be the obvious choice in that hes a wolf, of course, and that hes trying to valiantly go after Kagome when it is plain she doesn't want him that way.

But I would like to offer another contender as the Jacob-alike... Hojo. I say Hojo because Hojo obviously cares for Kagome, and Kagome actually for a moment considers the boy. She does go on a date with him, unlike Kouga who she has never shown any preference for romantically. In Twilight, Bella doesn't ever go on a date with Jacob that I can remember, but she does prefer him over all others except Edward. And so, in my personal op, I'd like to say that Hojo more fits the rold of Jacob in the Inuyasha series versus the Twilight series.

thanks for listening.

Maru

Logged Logged
Tataru
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 5
I haven't read it yet:blush:

That said, after reading what people have said about it, and what people have told me about it, I prob should go ahead and pick up a copy and actually read it for myself.

I still haven't seen the movie either, but I usually wait till the DVD comes out anyway and buy it (cheaper than going to the movies and I get to keep the movie and eat all the popcorn and drink all the soda I want and pause the movie when I need to use the restroom).

Logged Logged

I claimed Sesshoumaru\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Haughty Humph in the Claim Game
Langus
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 6
Tataru wrote:
I haven't read it yet:blush:

That said, after reading what people have said about it, and what people have told me about it, I prob should go ahead and pick up a copy and actually read it for myself.

I still haven't seen the movie either, but I usually wait till the DVD comes out anyway and buy it (cheaper than going to the movies and I get to keep the movie and eat all the popcorn and drink all the soda I want and pause the movie when I need to use the restroom).

Yes you should definitely read it. However, I'm going to suggest you go see the movie first (many a torrent is available for download). Why? Because otherwise you will go into the movie with unreal expectations of what it should be. I'd never even heard of the 'Twilight' series until I went to go see the film on a whim. I totally fell in love with it! Left the movie theater, walked across the street to the bookstore and bought all 4 books. Trust me on this - see the movie first so you can appreciate it for what it is rather than be disappointed by what it isn't.

In response to the OP, it's funny you should bring that up. I've been revising my first Sess/Kag fic and I couldn't believe how much like Edward Sesshomaru sounded. I kept going back wondering if I should change it or not hahahaha I wonder if Meyers was ever an Inuyasha fan (I'm guessing probably not, but you never know...)

Logged Logged

[img] http://fc65.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/031/4/4/441a265f509fa2446485eec83c5450ec.jpg [/img]
RayRay
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Smoke Goddess wrote:
*LITE SPOILERS BEWARE!!*

<3 L

I've seen the movie 3 times, and I do love the books and I love the movie. However! I didn't like Kristen Stewart as Bella, though I do find Bella to be a bit whiny and dependent to Edward in the book, but I've also watched other movies with her in it and she's the SAME EXACT WAY in them all. It gets annoying! She does the stuttering, multiple-blinking, head shaking thing in the movies she's been in. The most recent one I watched with her was "Land of Women" and she annoyed me in that one too. Maybe it's just me though. Anyways, I agree that the movie was worth seeing more than once--besides the whole Bella thing.

PS: the whole recasting Jacob thing has many fans angry and I think they should leave Taylor as Jacob, he did so good and he's how I pictured him to be, even though I don't really like Jacob in the book --sorry to all fans of Jacob!.

Logged Logged

~Sesshy\'s RayRay~
Langus
Whelp
graphgraph
Just an update for you Twilight Jacob fans - Taylor Lautner (sp?) is confirmed signed on to play Jacob for New Moon.

The deal was he had to add 10lbs of muscle (on top of the 20 he already added after shooting for 'Twilight' wrapped up). If you can find recent pictures on Google the kid is RIPPED. Like a solid 8 pack - I'm not even joking.

I'm pretty happy he was re-cast. He plays a pretty perfect Jacob and I'm really interested to see what he does with his character in the next movie.

Logged Logged

[img] http://fc65.deviantart.com/fs40/f/2009/031/4/4/441a265f509fa2446485eec83c5450ec.jpg [/img]
Emiko
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 59
I agree RayRay!! Altho Bella is a bit to dependent for my tastes, she does fit the stereotypical boycrazy teenage girl mold. Despite the fact that SM tries to build her character as mature and independent, Bella still follows the typical relationship patterns for girls her age. Not a biggie tho cause w/o it, there would be no story, rite? But yah, KS . . . every movie, she has acted the same way, it's awful!! Hence the reason why, when she was casted as Bella, I already knew she was gonna screw it up. Hell, she even acts that way in interviews!! I watched an interview w/her and Rob Pat and she was sooooooooooo annoyingly cocky, I just wated someone to slap her!! LOL, poor Rob looked so uncomfortable next to her. Argh . . . makes me wanna just find her and tell her, "Look . . . get off your high horse! You sucked!!!" *Breathes* Ok, I'm done complaining, lol. Sorry!

Logged Logged
Akay
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 18
I did not read this thread at all. So I have no idea what it is about beyond Twilight. I am being a lazy bum. Plus I only have one question.

Everyone knows that they're planning to make a movie for New Moon (I haven't seen Twilight yet ) Anyway... did anyone else hear that they want Dakota Fanning for Jane?? I don't know how well that will work out. Dakota does not fit the image I had of Jane at all.... *sighs* Ugh! I dunno what they are doing/thinking.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/01/26 22:49 By Akay.
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 11
So the director for New Moon will not be the same one who did Twilight?

Hm, that will be interesting.

Logged Logged
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 11
Yes, I think they definately could've picked a better Bella.

I like Dakota, but I agree with you. I don't exactly see her as Jane.

Logged Logged
Akay
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 18
DestinysTears wrote:
So the director for New Moon will not be the same one who did Twilight?

Hm, that will be interesting.

Know what I heard that too. So it may be true.
I still can't get over this Dakota/Jane thing. She seems too.... angelic... for Jane. I have to wonder if they are just looking for the most popular/cute/adorable or whatever young child actors to fulfill these roles of these vampires since they suppose to be eternally young and whatnot. Or maybe just to appease the young crowd that makes up the majority of the fan base.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/01/26 22:51 By Akay.
Langus
Whelp
graphgraph
Personally I LOVE the idea of Dakota Fanning as Jane. The fact that her looks are so angelic is what makes her so Village of the Damned awesome for that role. Nothing's creepier than a beautiful angelic child who's really evil and sadistic on the inside. Awesome casting choice if it goes through - and she's a phenomenal little actress so you know she'll do a good job.

Logged Logged

RayRay
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 1
Smoke Goddess wrote:
I agree RayRay!! Altho Bella is a bit to dependent for my tastes, she does fit the stereotypical boycrazy teenage girl mold. Despite the fact that SM tries to build her character as mature and independent, Bella still follows the typical relationship patterns for girls her age. Not a biggie tho cause w/o it, there would be no story, rite? But yah, KS . . . every movie, she has acted the same way, it's awful!! Hence the reason why, when she was casted as Bella, I already knew she was gonna screw it up. Hell, she even acts that way in interviews!! I watched an interview w/her and Rob Pat and she was sooooooooooo annoyingly cocky, I just wated someone to slap her!! LOL, poor Rob looked so uncomfortable next to her. Argh . . . makes me wanna just find her and tell her, "Look . . . get off your high horse! You sucked!!!" *Breathes* Ok, I'm done complaining, lol. Sorry!

Smoke Goddess, your ranting made me laugh and I totally agree with you! Ugh, I couldn't watch her interviews after watching only one. Yet people kept saying KS and RP would get together. My opinion: Yeah right! The poor guy probably gets tired of her as it is on set! I know I would, too annoying. As for the Bella being dependent thing, I do agree, it probably is what helps make the story.

Oh, there is a new director for New Moon instead of the one who did Twilight. As for the Dakota playing Jane thing, I'm wondering about that too. I think she'd do great. She did AMAZING in "Hide and Seek" (she creeped me out xP but did an awesome job in the movie)!!

Edited: Ha, realized my mistake when reading too late at night xP I realized I'd thought the Dakota rumor was for Alice for some odd reason ^^; sorry! Fixed my mistake though.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/02/01 16:59 By Sesshys_RayRay.

~Sesshy\'s RayRay~
Smittee
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 31
I honestly cannot remember much of the movie, from when I went and seen it. After all the screaming, Edward-fan girls, and the main female's screaming fan guys...Let's just say the experience was frustrating. There was never quiet in the theater. The supposed bad guy got booed, and I actually thought he was the best in the film, during the watching of it.

I haven't read the book, so I can even back up what I saw, and help myself to remember. I still probably won't read it though, since obsessed fans, from when I worked in libraries, for school credit and community service hours for college, and they would come in there and panic, when the book wasn't in. It was a scary experience at time...

So, if someone could PM me, and explain to me what character that character is, in which they are getting a new actor for, I would very much appreciate it, since I can only remember them by appearance, and how much people either screamed, booed, or laughed at them.

Logged Logged

www.dokuga.com/images/fbfiles/images/Smittebucket.jpg
I claimed Shippo\'s transforming powers in the claim game.
DestinysTears
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 11
Akay, I totally agree with the "angelic" comment. It's true. It seems like they look more for "looks" than "talent".

Not saying the Twilight actors don't have talent, by the way. Not to be confused with bashing the movie. Don't worry, I loved the movie.

And Smittee, here comes a long explanation.

Bella is the main girl in the movie. The protagonist. She is the one who falls in love with Edward the vampire.

Edward is the vampire who falls in love with Bella the human girl. Obviously. He is a member of the Cullen family. He is the oldest Cullen besides Carlisle himself. He was found by Carlisle dying in a hospital bed a century (? correct me if I'm wrong) ago. Carlisle turns him into a vampire and teaches him how to be a "vegetarian."

Carlisle, years ago (very long), was turned into a vampire, learned to become "vegetarian" and is the mate of Esme Cullen. Carlisle is the head of the Cullen family, the paternal figure, and takes on the profession of a doctor.

Esme is the mate of Carlisle, the maternal figure. Belongs to Cullen cult.

Rosalie is the blonde and the "impossibly beautiful" vampire belonging also to the Cullen cult. She is hostile towards Bella and does not particularly like her, obviously. She is the mate of Emmett Cullen.

Emmett is thought of as the strong vampire. Like a typical American jock, he likes to tease Bella like an older brother.

Alice is cute and small. She has the power to see into the future, based on choices or the inevitable. Her mate is Jasper Cullen.

Jasper is the newest "vegetarian" vampire to the Cullen's cult. He has the power to change emotions and feelings in a person. It is difficult to explain. Maybe someone else could give you a better description of him.

Charlie is Bella's father, who divorced Bella's mother Renee, who married a baseball player. Charlie lives in Forks, alone until Bella came to stay with him. He works as a Forks police officer.

Renee is Bella's mother who hates Forks, as Bella does. Or used to.

Jacob is a friend of Bella's that lives down at La Push with his other Quilette brethren. And that's all I will say about that. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone... Although I doubt there is anyone out there who doesn't know already.

I never explained who Angela, Jessica, Matt, etc., are, but I thought their parts were pretty self-explanitory. I think. Unless you say otherwise...

Logged Logged
Akay
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 18
Langus wrote:
Personally I LOVE the idea of Dakota Fanning as Jane. The fact that her looks are so angelic is what makes her so Village of the Damned awesome for that role. Nothing's creepier than a beautiful angelic child who's really evil and sadistic on the inside. Awesome casting choice if it goes through - and she's a phenomenal little actress so you know she'll do a good job.

Well when put that way you totally have a point
LOL. Dakota is indeed an awesome actress. I wanna go see her newest movie Push. Though I know I might not get to the movie theater. I also had to re-read the description for Jane so I guess it will be pretty neat. I'm sure she'll be able to do it.

Logged Logged
Kris Catastrophe
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
all i can say is that this time for new moon i am going in the day to see it and not when it opens the girls are to loud and i cant hear it and now i have to stand in line just to get my movie next moth well it never end i should buy this crap on line lol.

Logged Logged

InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Twilight 15 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 9
Here is something a friend of mine from DeviantArt said about Twilight and frankly I agree with her ---> cherryblossomgoddess.deviantart.com/journal/23401068/

n.n All this excitement over Twilight is kinda pointless and stupid. I'm getting tired of hearing "Twilight this and Twilight that" and seeing Twilight everywhere I go. The book wasn't even that good. I even stopped reading in the middle of the first book because nothing worth while ever happened. I thought Isabella and Edward loved each other for some pretty shallow reasons.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/02/25 21:38 By InuYoukaiLiz.

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.