Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Challenge Banner Pickup - Questions!!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Challenge Banner Pickup - Questions!!!
M-Angel 05
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Challenge Banner Pickup - Questions!!! 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I just finished my story The Twelve Days of Christmas for the Christmas Challenge in the Challenge Banner Pickup section of the Dokuga_Contests. I did as asked in the section where it says where to leave the links for the story Chapters. Now how do I get the banners because nobody seems to be replying to my comments on there.

- M-Angel

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Challenge Banner Pickup - Questions!!! 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 109
Hey there,

So a few years ago, the person who ran Dokuga_Contests stopped running the stuff there. So it's a great place to get ideas, but I don't think anyone is getting banners from there anymore.

Logged Logged
Aviel
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Challenge Banner Pickup - Questions!!! 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 49
Actually, while Dokuga_Contest closed in 2013, Forthright and Eldest arranged a way for everyone to still participate in specific challenges and pick up banners (which I assume M-Angel is talking about). Eldest made a post on her LJ where you can do so, but it's been some time since she's gotten back to anyone. Unless you can PM her or wait it out, she'll probably still be busy with RL stuff.

Logged Logged

I claimed Midoriko`s Hair in the Claim Game!

Dokuga Minions Unite! Be positive. Be proud. Show support for Dokuga!
M-Angel 05
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Challenge Banner Pickup - Questions!!! 8 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Okay. Thank-you!

Logged Logged
M-Angel 05
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Challenge Banner Pickup - Questions!!! 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Aviel wrote:
Actually, while Dokuga_Contest closed in 2013, Forthright and Eldest arranged a way for everyone to still participate in specific challenges and pick up banners (which I assume M-Angel is talking about). Eldest made a post on her LJ where you can do so, but it's been some time since she's gotten back to anyone. Unless you can PM her or wait it out, she'll probably still be busy with RL stuff.

Do you know how I can get in contact with Forthright or Eldest?

Logged Logged
Aviel
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Challenge Banner Pickup - Questions!!! 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 49
M-Angel 05 wrote:
Do you know how I can get in contact with Forthright or Eldest?
Hmm... Unless you've already tried PMing them on LiveJournal, I'm not too sure how you can, to be honest. I know Eldest was in charge of the banner pickup, not Forthright. But as to where she is now, I do not know. RL has a habit of distracting even the best of us.

Forthright, on the other hand, has been lurking on FF.net and updating there whenever she gets the chance. I suppose if you have an account, you could try reaching her there. However, I know she has a lot of commitments with things outside of this fandom. So she may or may not get back to you. Last I checked, she said she was working on her original fiction(s) as well.

This is what she has said on her profile, if you're curious:

"January 2016. Fandom is where I learned the ropes of storytelling. These fics are my beginnings, and I treasure all the love and effort that went into their telling. Updates have dwindled, but not because my muses abandoned me. I still write as much as I ever did. More, even, since I have my own stories to tell. But as time allows, I'll add to the unfinished works here, patiently bringing them to their foregone conclusions. May they be worth the wait. ~forth"

In the meantime, Dokuga has a lot of ongoing challenges you can do. Most have banners already made; that's how I was able to collect so many. Just be careful about the rules of each one, especially if the banners are personalized like the ones from Dokuga_Contest. Some also have a specific deadline, and some don't.

Prompts are useful and banners are nice rewards, but if inspiration happens to strike, I think you should just write anyway. I mean, at least until they get back to you.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best!

Logged Logged

I claimed Midoriko`s Hair in the Claim Game!

Dokuga Minions Unite! Be positive. Be proud. Show support for Dokuga!
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.