Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
What if...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: What if...
M-Angel 05
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
What if... 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
What if Kagome had an older sister? What does everybody think she'd look like?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:What if... 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 57
M-Angel 05 wrote:
What if Kagome had an older sister? What does everybody think she'd look like?

Probably like Kikyou I think.

I doubt she'd be like Kagome, maybe more mature and proper, with good grades and all that jazz.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
M-Angel 05
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What if... 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Yeah. I could see that. I could also see her being really powerful and probably not as kind hearted as Kagome. She'd probably be a bad-a**.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
M-Angel 05 wrote:
Yeah. I could see that. I could also see her being really powerful and probably not as kind hearted as Kagome. She'd probably be a bad-a**.

That's assuming she'd be a Miko too. I mean Souta's not even slightly like Kagome or Kikyou or even Miroku.

I'd like to think she'd be fairly ordinary, since it wouldn't make sense for said sister to be a Miko tied to the Shikon too, unless you replace Kagome.

Otherwise, if Kags did have a sister, she'd likely be just like Souta.

A family member, yes, but fairly ordinary without time travel or Miko powers.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
M-Angel 05
Pup
graphgraph
Hmm....

I didn't think of that. Perhaps she'd be ordinary but because she has priestess heiritage she'd know how to be tougher than ordinary people. Perhaps she knows how to defend herself using karate and tai jitsue.

No I don't think she'd time travel either. That's more of a Kagome thing. Not unless a youkai had the ability to time travel and nab her. LoL! Even then it'd be highly unlikely.

I think she'd look more like Mama Higurashi than her father whom I think Souta takes after.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
XD It's nice to speculate ne?

I dunno about Kag's dad, lol, I never read the manga much, and I've not watched the anime.

I'm not even sure if he appears in either.

*shrugs*

Could be in the lookalike thing, I mean, for the older sister being more like Mama Higurashi in looks.

Don't know on the martial arts, can only think of Kagome not doing much of either,except she somehow knows how to use a bow.

>.>

Odd if cool.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
M-Angel 05
Pup
graphgraph
He's never appeared in the anime, just mentioned. I never read the manga but I've been told he died in a car crash.

Yes I love speculating on things.

That's what I mean. Since Kagome has the bow her sister could have the martial arts.

I just may write a story where there's an older sister. Of course if someone else wants to do so; it's ok. I've got other stories to do. LoL!

Logged Logged
Ren
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What if... 8 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
An older sibling would be interesting though you would have to find a way to make it work well considering Kagome is mentioned as the oldest. According to InuYasha wiki, her father dies in a car accident although it isn't broadcast in the show or manga which makes it easy to have Kagome crossover into other animes as a half sibling (either through divorce or affair). Although, her older sister could have left with their father -and not died in a car accident- though Kagome would have been young enough to know she had a sister since Souta had to be conceived.

I wouldn't think that Kagome having a bow would make her sister be into martial arts considering the fact that Kagome never held a bow until she was pulled into the Feudal Era at age 15. At that point any older sibling would already be well into high school or graduating with a normal life. Before that, Kagome was your average girl so I imagine her sister would be as well considering Souta is your average boy. But being average doesn't mean being boring either. Plenty of people have martial arts skills without heroic siblings.

The father wouldn't necessarily be the link to her martial arts though considering Grandfather Higurashi (Kagome's paternal grandfather) is very traditional and wanted his children to be traditional as well. Assuming her father followed in his father's footsteps since he lived on the shrine, he probably didn't have much to do with other things aside from work and family. The priestess heritage wouldn't apply to the older sister since no one in the family seems to have any spiritual awareness aside from Kagome and her own powerful abilities didn't appear until she was pulled into the past. Given that there are no demons or threats in the modern era, her sister would have no need to be tough...unless she was a tomboy and rowdy.

If I were to guess about an older sibling, I would side with Pyreite. Older siblings have a lot of responsibility placed on their shoulders since no parent is 100% prepared to handle children. They learn through the first. I'd imagine her to be mature with a soft affection to her younger siblings. Driven to succeed in her studies and eventually aspire to be something great in life. Maybe join a team for a scholarship since the shrine family isn't loaded. But this is all speculation based off my thoughts.

If you do decide to make a sister character, she would be your creation and whatever you see in store for her would be your choice.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/12/27 15:04 By RennieD.
M-Angel 05
Pup
graphgraph
Renee wrote:
An older sibling would be interesting though you would have to find a way to make it work well considering Kagome is mentioned as the oldest. According to InuYasha wiki, her father dies in a car accident although it isn't broadcast in the show or manga which makes it easy to have Kagome crossover into other animes as a half sibling (either through divorce or affair). Although, her older sister could have left with their father -and not died in a car accident- though Kagome would have been young enough to know she had a sister since Souta had to be conceived.

I wouldn't think that Kagome having a bow would make her sister be into martial arts considering the fact that Kagome never held a bow until she was pulled into the Feudal Era at age 15. At that point any older sibling would already be well into high school or graduating with a normal life. Before that, Kagome was your average girl so I imagine her sister would be as well considering Souta is your average boy. But being average doesn't mean being boring either. Plenty of people have martial arts skills without heroic siblings.

The father wouldn't necessarily be the link to her martial arts though considering Grandfather Higurashi (Kagome's paternal grandfather) is very traditional and wanted his children to be traditional as well. Assuming her father followed in his father's footsteps since he lived on the shrine, he probably didn't have much to do with other things aside from work and family. The priestess heritage wouldn't apply to the older sister since no one in the family seems to have any spiritual awareness aside from Kagome and her own powerful abilities didn't appear until she was pulled into the past. Given that there are no demons or threats in the modern era, her sister would have no need to be tough...unless she was a tomboy and rowdy.

If I were to guess about an older sibling, I would side with Pyreite. Older siblings have a lot of responsibility placed on their shoulders since no parent is 100% prepared to handle children. They learn through the first. I'd imagine her to be mature with a soft affection to her younger siblings. Driven to succeed in her studies and eventually aspire to be something great in life. Maybe join a team for a scholarship since the shrine family isn't loaded. But this is all speculation based off my thoughts.

If you do decide to make a sister character, she would be your creation and whatever you see in store for her would be your choice.

I love this reply.

Okay. So I would definitely see her as very responsible. I would probably see her as a half sibling who is more into trying to be responsible but at the same time possibly trying to find out who she is. I could see her being a doctor trying to be the best she can be. She'd probably be no more than five years older than Kagome. So she's just in college learning to be a doctor. She probably feels a lot of pressure being her fathers eldest and martial arts is her way to get rid of that pressure. She could've been raised by her mother and rarely saw her younger siblings to actually create a bond with them, but she knows they exist and part of her wants to be there for them.

Logged Logged
M-Angel 05
Pup
graphgraph
Renee wrote:
A half sibling gives you more freedom to mold the character into whatever you like. I know you were talking about her having priestess abilities before and there are many ways to make it work if you are dead set on that route. The priestess trait could be passed down from her father's line and remains unactive in men but dormant in women until under extreme duress, such as falling down a well by a centipede demon.

I like what you have brought to the table though and if you do decide to do a spin off story featuring the sister, I would be glad to read it.

If you need someone to bounce ideas off of, I'm here as well!

Thanks! Yeah. I've been bouncing this idea in my head for awhile now. I like that idea. Dormant unless under stress. Perfect! Hehehe... I may do the story within the next year but it's still taking form. Not quite there yet. I mean I know she and Kagome are going to meet.

So this is what I'm thinking so far.....

The well has sealed leaving Kagome mournful at the loss of her Inuyasha. Falling into a depression her family sends her to her elder sisters; not telling her who or what Inuyasha is. She brings herself back from her depression but still Kagome barely speaks about what has transpired. Giving her sister no altamatum she brings Kagome to her martial arts classes. It's during these classes that Kagome lets her secret loose.

Sounds good?

Logged Logged
Ren
Pup
graphgraph
A half sibling gives you more freedom to mold the character into whatever you like. I know you were talking about her having priestess abilities before and there are many ways to make it work if you are dead set on that route. The priestess trait could be passed down from her father's line and remains unactive in men but dormant in women until under extreme duress, such as falling down a well by a centipede demon.

I like what you have brought to the table though and if you do decide to do a spin off story featuring the sister, I would be glad to read it.

If you need someone to bounce ideas off of, I'm here as well!

Logged Logged
M-Angel 05
Pup
graphgraph
Oh that's good!

Yeah, her sister might think Kagome has gone nuts if she's told straight up. That or she'd think she was telling lies by making up a rediculous story.

I still haven't figured out how to bring Sesshomaru into the picture. I'm thinking he exists in the future and goes to find Kagome but finds out she's been sent away to her older sisters; a sister Inuyasha never mentioned her having. His plans were to help her deal with loosing her friends and sealed well and to give her hope of something that might occure if she doesn't give up.

That's how I'm thinking of bringing him into the story.

Logged Logged
Ren
Pup
graphgraph
M-Angel 05 wrote:

Thanks! Yeah. I've been bouncing this idea in my head for awhile now. I like that idea. Dormant unless under stress. Perfect! Hehehe... I may do the story within the next year but it's still taking form. Not quite there yet. I mean I know she and Kagome are going to meet.

So this is what I'm thinking so far.....

The well has sealed leaving Kagome mournful at the loss of her Inuyasha. Falling into a depression her family sends her to her elder sisters; not telling her who or what Inuyasha is. She brings herself back from her depression but still Kagome barely speaks about what has transpired. Giving her sister no altamatum she brings Kagome to her martial arts classes. It's during these classes that Kagome lets her secret loose.

Sounds good?

Thinking it out is much better than just jumping in head first without direction. I'm glad you like the idea! Gives you a little wiggle room to help bond two girls who are more acquaintances than sisters.

I like the idea of martial arts being their last resort to spill the beans. Though for Kagome, you'd have to think of how it would sound to your long lost sister that you time traveled to a different era and fought demons that are meant to be a myth. If you do go that route, really put yourself in Kagome's shoes.

I'd probably not tell her everything right away. Maybe introduce my friends without the time travel portion of the tale and eventually add snippets of the truth here and there. Kagome could try and prepare her for the truth too.

"Do you ever get the feeling that there's more to life than what you just know? Like, sometimes there are things out there that most people are oblivious to?" Kagome pondered aloud, her chest rising rapidly from her heavy sparring session. Her lungs eagerly grasping the air she sought though her chest remained tight in anticipation. Her sister lay beside her on the black mat, their raven hair spread around them like halos in the florescent light. <insert name> paused in her thoughts as she contemplated the question. If the question was asked a week ago she would have answered with something mundane, however..."I'm sure we haven't discovered everything, after all, the best hiding places are in plain sight." <insert name> practically whispered, her own breathing more controlled.

If she doesn't get the crazy look from her sister then she could continue on to mention hints of things or if she gets the crazy look she could pass it off to living on a shrine and hearing legends.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.