Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Crohn's Disease--what snack foods can they have?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Crohn's Disease--what snack foods can they have?
BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Crohn's Disease--what snack foods can they have? 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 60
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. A friend of mine has Crohn’s disease, and he’s with me half the week, every week. He’s on a very strict diet because of his Crohn’s, and other than looking up recipes for new ideas to cook meals, I was wondering if anyone knew of any snack foods I could also keep at my place when he is here.

A list of food he cannot have:

Corn (this is at the top of the list for a reason, as it is a BIG no-no)
Wheat (this means no bread as well)
Rice
Potatoes
Some milk products—milk
(though I can use it to cook with in small quantities) and ice cream
Only a small amount of fruit per day
Only a small amount of nuts per day

As you can see, it is difficult to find anything he can snack on in-between meals, but if anyone has, or knows someone who has Crohn’s, your input would be much appreciated I have asked him what he can and likes to eat but… he hasn’t been as informative as I would like, or more to the point, even he has trouble finding things he can safely eat without any negative side effects. I've even searched online and...that also wasn't nearly as informative as I would like. Can anyone give me some advice?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2015/11/11 01:50 By belovedstranger.

~BelovedStranger~
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kahdejus
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Crohn's Disease--what snack foods can they have? 8 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 15
I have a friend with crohn's disease, she eats soy based stuff, idk if you friend can have soy though, cause like every person is different so are their needs. Also almond milk became her favorite thing. I bet miso soup would be okay actually I found that she eats a lot of ethnic foods, because if you haven't noticed we here in America are based around a lot of bread and corn. Hope this helps.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.