Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Help with writing originals, please!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Help with writing originals, please!
SunsetMiko
Miko
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Help with writing originals, please! 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 38
I want to write originals and try to get published. I always have, but there's this wall I hit every time I try to plan or rework.

Can I keep them demon? Dog, fox, wolf, spider, whatever, and miko, monk, half demon? Do I have to make them something else, elf, maybe, or do I make something up entirely?

I'm really curious what other writers have done, because even in my alternate universe fics, I don't like to make everyone human. I like the differences in species.

So, if you've successfully written an original from an Inuyasha fanfic, can you help me out? How'd you handle it?

And I'd appreciate links to fics by Sess/Kag author's published original (reworked fanfic) works so I can see firsthand as well.

Any help will be appreciated!

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Help with writing originals, please! 8 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 91
First, take a deep breath and don't panic! That's the key.

What I tend to do, as I don't do 'straight' human stuff, for the most part, is turn them into some kind of shifter. I think they're more interesting. I also tend to make up critters (have a hellcat going as one for something right now and it's a creature). However, unlike this 'verse, you should probably make it critters you don't have to explain a lot as people have some knowledge going in. It's easier than people throwing fits over it with you. I didn't have much of a problem with the two Inuyasha fanfics I published, but they were shorties and AU. Then just go how you want with it, just avoid too much that is easily identifiable canon.

Below are the links to the two of mine.

www.amazon.com/Shifter-Tales-There-Riding-Stormy-ebook/dp/B007GDUWZW/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1436915491&sr=1-1
The one in Shifter Tales that was IY was It Was A Dark and Stormy Night --it was a Kagome/Inupapa story

www.amazon.com/Eyes-Shut-Shorts-Danyealle-Autumn-ebook/dp/B0074N67DU/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1436915491&sr=1-4 this was my entry in R0o's first GM challenge

Any questions, feel free to ask either here or via PM

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.