Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Leonard Nimoy
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Leonard Nimoy
skullkat
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Leonard Nimoy 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4
I'm sure by now many of you have heard of the passing of Leonard Nimoy, a.k.a. Mr. Spock from Star Trek.

While I never had the honor of personally meeting him I've always admired his acting. The man is a cultural icon and not just because of his portrayal of everyone's favorite pointy-eared half-Vulcan.

If you were a fan, what is your favorite moment of his? I loved his cameo on The Big Bang Theory. Brilliant!

R.I.P. Mr. Nimoy.

Logged Logged

"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls." - George Carlin
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Molly Hooper Holmes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Leonard Nimoy 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
I honestly cried when I heard this, and couldn't help watching the clip of Spock's funeral from "The Wrath of Khan". May he rest in peace.

Logged Logged
Molly Hooper Holmes
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Leonard Nimoy 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Aand, I just realized I didn't answer your question! I am a bit of a Trekkie, so the above mentioned moment would be my favorite, but I also loved his voice work.

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Leonard Nimoy 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 91
Mine is Spock's death scene from Wrath of Khan...
"I have been... and always shall be... your friend. Live long... and prosper."

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Leonard Nimoy 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 277
I'm dating myself here, but I still remember that Star Trek was on after my bedtime. Rare were the times I was allowed to stay up late and watch, so I'd sneak halfway down the stairs and watch from there while my parents were oblivious. Yet another icon from my childhood passes beyond...

I know it comes to all of us, but it makes me sad nonetheless.

RIP, Leonard Nimoy, you were Mr. Spock for millions, and so much more...

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

skullkat
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Leonard Nimoy 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4
Danyealle-sama wrote:
Mine is Spock's death scene from Wrath of Khan...
"I have been... and always shall be... your friend. Live long... and prosper."

Wrath Of Khan is my favorite of the first 6 classic Trek movies. (Undiscovered Country ranks a close second) Nimoy did that scene so well. And I cried the first time I watched the funeral scene. Can't hear "Amazing Grace" on bagpipes without getting the shivers.

Logged Logged

"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls." - George Carlin
skullkat
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Leonard Nimoy 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 4
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
I'm dating myself here, but I still remember that Star Trek was on after my bedtime. Rare were the times I was allowed to stay up late and watch, so I'd sneak halfway down the stairs and watch from there while my parents were oblivious. Yet another icon from my childhood passes beyond...

I know it comes to all of us, but it makes me sad nonetheless.

RIP, Leonard Nimoy, you were Mr. Spock for millions, and so much more...

My mother got me hooked on classic Trek. I remember watching it in reruns on one of our local UHF stations in the afternoons when I was around 5 or 6 years old. And would have a fit if she tried to send me off to play before it was over.

Did any of you know that Mr. Nimoy recorded a song called The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins? The strangest thing I swear I've ever seen the first time my hubby showed it to me (thank you, youtube, for taking me to that weird part of the internet!). Mr. Nimoy actually has a pretty decent singing voice.

Logged Logged

None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Leonard Nimoy 9 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 57
I was never a Trekkie, but I did watch the series as a child. I also thought Mr. Nimoy was fabulous as an aged Spock in the recent films. He had such presence, it was incredible to watch. I was gutted on hearing he'd died, but pleased that he was no longer suffering.

Rest in Peace Leonard and prosper in the Afterlife as the King of the Spockians.

R.I.P.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.