Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
goodgame empire?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: goodgame empire?
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
goodgame empire? 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 78
The BestBuy employees who helped me out today asked me to go to their website and complete a survey, so their bosses would know that they did a great job. I went to what I thought was their website, and it implied the survey was in the form of a game. I thought, what is the world coming to? But wanted to give the employees a good review. The website got me to type in my e-mail address before I realized this was definitely NOT the BestBuy website. I backed out of it, but I received an e-mail from goodgame empire. So, obviously, these are tricky folks. Not a good sign that they are reputable. Do you think by giving them my e-mail address I could have some kind of problems? I sure would appreciate the opinion of someone more internet savvy than I am...

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:goodgame empire? 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 47
It just sounds like you may have accidentally created an account on a gaming site, and they probably sent you a confirmation/welcome to the site email.

They only use your email to send you news about the site -- new features, new games, and if it's a social gaming site, alerts that another player sent you a message via your gaming account. You can easily block these emails, or you may even be able to cancel the gaming account.

It's really not that much different than having an account here on Dokuga. You shouldn't have any problems, security-wise.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:goodgame empire? 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 78
Whew! Relief! Thanks, Critter, you're the best!

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.