Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fanfiction Downloader
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fanfiction Downloader
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fanfiction Downloader 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 171
fanfictiondownloader.net

I found this posted on someone's profile on ff.net and I was curious as to what exactly it was, but even after going to the site I'm still not entirely sure of what it does or how it works. Any ideas people?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Nicole
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Fanfiction Downloader 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 154
Yup, I have a similar application. If you give the application a story link (probably just from FF.N), it will download the story and save it so that you can read it when you are offline. I used it quite a lot when I had very little internet access.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Fanfiction Downloader 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 57
Interesting, just becareful where you use it. Some websites actively try to block downloaders like this. It can be illegal too, especially for example if you're using similar programs to download videos off of Youtube. I can't see it being a problem on FFNet, but be aware that FFNet has incorporated recently a no copying or pasting code into their CSS Style sheets, so you can't copy and paste stories from their site anymore if the CSS is active.

This is just a heads up that FFNet frowns upon copy/pasting chapters of stories. Using this software might be in breach of their TOS/Rules too, not that they'd be able to stop you.

I'm just saying.

We can't technically claim copyright of fanfiction, since the source material isn't ours, nor is the intellectual property, but some authors might not be comfortable with you downloading their stories to save onto your PC anyway, especially if you use this software.

The same cannot be said on AO3, since an author if they post there, cannot opt out of their stories being downloaded in various formats.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/07/15 03:23 By Pyre.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.