Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Microsoft server?
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Microsoft server?
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Microsoft server? 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 78
If something works ok the way it is, I don't tend to mess with it. So, the "new to me" computer I got about a month ago, was set up to get on the internet through Internet Explorer, the Microsoft browser, when I used to alternate between Google and Firefox. I set up Google and Firefox, but left Internet Explorer as the default browser. This afternoon, I clicked on the big "E" and it said: "this page can't be displayed". Do you think Internet Explorer is down? The internet came right up when I clicked on Google Chrome. Or, could it be my "new" $100 computer?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Microsoft server? 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 47
Unless this is something that is happening on a regular basis, I wouldn't worry about it being your computer. It probably is an issue with IE, but it would be hard to tell without knowing more about the situation. Did you try to visit more than one website using IE, just to see if maybe it wasn't some issue with your homepage? It's well known that IE is sometimes not compatible with certain websites, and "this page cannot be displayed" may sometimes be the message it gives you. It could have also been a problem with the page itself, unless you were able to view that same page through Firefox and Google.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Microsoft server? 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 78
It does worry me when the computer doesn't perform the way I expect~ I feel like I should go out and buy a live chicken to perform a sacrifice to the computer gods. Thanks, and karma to you, Critter Whisperer, your really are awesome!

Logged Logged
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Microsoft server? 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 47
knifethrower wrote:
It does worry me when the computer doesn't perform the way I expect~ I feel like I should go out and buy a live chicken to perform a sacrifice to the computer gods. Thanks, and karma to you, Critter Whisperer, your really are awesome!

LOL, I typically threaten to take my computer apart and turn its circuit boards into techy wall art when it decides that it doesn't want to behave. But really, it's not uncommon for programs to have issues every now and again, especially when it comes to anything Microsoft-related. Control-Alt-Delete wouldn't be famous if programs always worked like they should.

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.