Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
First anime
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: First anime
inali
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:First anime 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 58
I watched Speed Racer and AstroBoy as a kid not knowing they were actually Japanese originally. The first anime to really capture my attention was Record of Lodoss War and Vampire Hunter D. Gundam Wing was probably the first series I watched.

Logged Logged

I like researching stuffs...
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lace
Pup
graphgraph
Re:First anime 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: -1
The daycare I was at as a kid always played Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon, but their giant eyes and heads scared me when I was little LOL.

I think the first anime I watched that I liked was InuYasha- the first episode I saw was when Rin and Sesshoumaru first meet, how could I not be hooked after that? I remember thinking it would be so fun to just walk around in the forest with someone as strange looking as that Next was Fruits Basket after reading the manga, then Samurai Champloo a while later. My time was mostly occupied with Avatar: the Last Airbender the moment it came out. I don't really classify it as anime, but think it deserves honorable mention. (Once you get me started on talking about that show, I won't stop).

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:First anime 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 57
Probably Sailor Moon, I think. I can't really remember now that clearly to be honest since there have been many since. My favourite so far being alot of the gorier and more adult anime like Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell, and Appleseed. I used to like the Sailor Moon-esque stuff but the big eyes wear on ya after a time, although I do like Ouran High and the Host club thing with Haruhi. It's hilariously funny without being overwhelmingly cheesy.

I've not watched many more anime other than a handful as where I live we're more often flooded with marvel toons or the kids' anime stuff like Beyblades or Beywheels or whatever they call it!

XD!

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
Aura
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:First anime 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 10
Slayers was my first anime, though Sailor Moon was shortly after that - I had actually watched several anime before I saw Inuyasha but it's certainly remained one of my favorites.

Logged Logged
RebaJean
Pup
graphgraph
Re:First anime 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 16
Speed Racer was on when I was a kid. Later probably Dragon Ball.

Logged Logged
Mitsje
Pup
graphgraph
Re:First anime 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 5
Alfred J. Kwak, if you'd count that as anime. It's about a little orphaned duck being raised by a mole. The story is written by a dutch man, it ran from 1989 through 91, so it's pretty much a staple for my generation of dutchies

Really-real anime would be DBZ. I avoided Pokémon when it came on here, trying to be hipster about it and not liking it because the masses did, hahaha. After that, InuYasha and when I got really serious, Azumanga Daioh. I still re-watch that about twice a year.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.