Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Plagiarized Story
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: Plagiarized Story
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 171
Ah, thanks for explaining that Wiccan. I'll definitely remember that the next time a song inspires me to write a story and I feel the need to add the lyrics so the emotions that effect the story are understood.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/04 20:45 By Serena530.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
I am so irritated that it took this girl like over a year to be deleted but she reports me once and gets me removed for "lyrics" that never existed in my story. So ridiculous! I am tempted to pull everything from ff.net and just post on dokuga and archive of our own. Anyone have an email I can have so I can contact someone from ffnet to ask them what lyrics they found to warrant the removal?!?

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
RogueMudblood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
I was offline for personal reasons - PM'd you back with the info. The support address I gave you is publicly accessible, the other I went through a few hoops to get, so do use it with discretion, please.

@Lace: Even not being on FFN, there is no guarantee that your works will not be posted there. Cases in point. (All of those links go to fiction MA content.) Until Literotica made their material accessible via Google's search engines, finding matches to their site was by chance. (If you knew of it.) There are many, many sites which are not accessible to Google's search engines, so the materials on them can easily be lifted and posted to FFN and those running a Google search won't find it. Unless they're bound and determined, like I was.

Logged Logged

Staunchly anti-plagiarism
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
On a lighter note, I want to thank everyone who participated in getting Tink Amor pulled from FFnet! That means a lot to me as well as many others I am sure! you guys are all amazing! <3

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 5
Alright, this is getting tiresome...and I did block her, but she is back. Already...this Tink has reached out to myself, KiaraSkye and MissKatt.

Penname: Aamoraa....REALLY!?!!??!?

www.fanfiction.net/u/5776052/

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
So is she whining about her "stories?" Or doing more threatening? Do be sure to PM Rogue if you're positive that it's the same twit!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/05 18:42 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Long day, bad typing!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
This is what she has been asking MissKatt why she has been cyber bullying. Then telling her that her silence means she is guilty...>.> . This is what she said to me, which I just blocked her. I am not giving her even an ounce more of my time.

Subject: greetings

I heard that you were plagiarized could you tell who and what was plagiarized?

Also, I did sent Rogue a message.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/05 18:45 By Aiko-san.

- Joss Whedon
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 32
I'm ignoring her. But when I first said she was Tink, she said she was saying that she is investigating cyber bullying and that they've had a lot of complaints on the site for it. She asked if I thought it was "justice" that Tink got deleted, and that I'm cyber bullying. So, she's impersonating an admin now?

She sent us three the exact same message. There is no way it's NOT her, Wiccan. I hope they can do something about her.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
It's perfectly obvious that it must be her. The name, the fact that the account was created today, her "communications" with all of you... oh yeah, this ain't no Admin, that's for sure! Hope Rogue can guide you through reporting her for the impersonation and 'reverse-bullying!'

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Is it terrible that I find this sort of funny, well not the whole thing, but her attempts...I should be kicked...sorry. O.o

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
She's harassing us...that's what it is.

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Yep, but now that I have her blocked...she can't send me private messages. The only thing is, when you block someone they can still go onto your profile and report or do whatever. It just doesn't allow them to PM you. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't end up getting my e-mail.

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
RogueMudblood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 11
Aiko-san wrote:
Yep, but now that I have her blocked...she can't send me private messages. The only thing is, when you block someone they can still go onto your profile and report or do whatever. It just doesn't allow them to PM you. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't end up getting my e-mail.

They do not even have to have an account to report - however, the admins should be reviewing the reports to determine validity.

As to the e-mail, the only way she would be able to obtain it is if you have it posted on a profile page somewhere. If she does e-mail you in order to continue her harassment, then you would need to contact local PD/FBI and ask for an e-mail to which you could forward a message of that nature. Make certain that when you do forward it, that you do so with full headers. Also, not knowing the age of any particular individual reading this advice, if you are under the age of eighteen you will need to have a parent/legal guardian file the report for you.

MissKatt wrote:
She's harassing us...that's what it is.

The first thing that Xing will tell you is that you do need to block the user in question. The second thing that he will tell you is that if you feel you are being harassed, you will have to file a report with the authorities. (Yes, we had this discussion - that was exactly his response. I had already blocked the person in question. I doubt his opinion has changed much in the last three months, but you're welcome to send him an e-mail to find out: xing [at] fictionpress [dot] com ) As this is occurring on the Internet, it is a federal matter.

Click here to file a report with the FBI for investigation.

Please do note that there are laws regarding what constitutes harassment. In depth post can be found here, with links to relevant sections of law. Links were limited to California as that is where the site is housed. Given the TOS clearly states where they feel they are subject to law, addresses which you may like to have:

FBI LA HQ
11000 Wilshire Boulevard
Suite 1700
Los Angeles, CA 90024

Attorney General's Office
California Department of Justice
Attn: Consumer Complaints
P.O. Box 944255
Sacramento, CA 94244

Federal Trade Commission
600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001

With respect to "cyber bullying", it is clear that the individual is using a buzz word in an attempt to gain favor as a victim. Let us be clear: fanfiction.net is not, never has been, and cannot be construed to be a school environment. That is where "bullying" applies. Harassment is the correct legal term, and the one that should be used - however, the news media throws the other term around because they feel that the word "bullying" makes the victim more likable and the word "harassment" makes the victim sound like they're whining.

Logged Logged

RogueMudblood
Pup
graphgraph
Oh, this is too funny.

PM received (after which she was blocked, no response was sent): i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee385/RogueMudblood/Aamoraa_zps4a948f8f.png

E-mail to site regarding her accusation:

Below is a copy of the message I received from this individual. A screen to the entire portion she sent can be found here:
i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee385/RogueMudblood/Aamoraa_zps4a948f8f.png

I did not reply to her, nor will I.

As you can see in the screen, it clearly shows the last date my profile was updated (2014-03-15) and clearly states, in bold text, that I am not affiliated with the site staff.

I do not appreciate someone attempting to skirt a ban issued on their account. This individual is the same Tink Amor whom you just banned yesterday for multiple instances of stolen content. (www.fanfiction.net/u/4243733/Tink-Amor)

I believe she is attempting to accuse you - the site administrators - of bullying her because her account was removed since she posted multiple items which were not her own.

I have blocked her from sending me further PMs, but wanted you to be aware of her accusation.

RogueMudblood

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
*SNERK*

~~me~~

Logged Logged

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
No, no, I'm not going to go as far and stoop to her levels by getting all official and I'm not going to complain to FF admins, I I was just saying. She's been blocked and will soon realize that doing what she is doing will get her no where.

Question though, can ff ban her new account due to her previous offense?

Logged Logged
Fye
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 24
MissKatt wrote:

Just in case they can't, it would be great to have this account monitored to ensure no more stealing occurs. It's sad how this people never learn and continue to repeat this behavior, so I wouldn't put it past her to not do it again under a different name.

Logged Logged
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Oh, I'm all over that like white on rice. (;

Logged Logged
RogueMudblood
Pup
graphgraph
MissKatt wrote:
No, no, I'm not going to go as far and stoop to her levels by getting all official and I'm not going to complain to FF admins, I I was just saying. She's been blocked and will soon realize that doing what she is doing will get her no where.

First, I don't consider validly reporting someone for violating the TOS/CG, or for breaking the law to be "stooping", and certainly do not consider such to be equivalent to theft.

My report to the admins in this case, however, served a dual purpose: to advise them of the user skirting the ban as well as to defend myself against any possible claims that I have misrepresented myself. I have never claimed to be a member of that site's staff.

Second, whether they choose to ban the new account will likely be based upon her actions only on that account. If she continues to violate their TOS/CG, then they can ban another account. That includes PMs:
Sending unsolicited spam will result in the suspension of your site account.

I can't say that they won't ban based on her prior offense, but they would be more likely to ban because she is attempting to skirt a previous ban. That she compounds that offense by sending the types of messages she has been could only hasten their decision.

Logged Logged

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 91
You lot are now getting why so many of us refuse to post there and want nothing to do with that site. This is what it's like to deal with so much of the junk there. Be thankful they did something about your end. Most they can't be bothered to do anything about!

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
I think I am going to pull my account.
Drives me nuts, but I don't know if I want to deal with that place anymore.
I'm just glad we got her account down and now we know what other account she has and we can watch her.

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
FantomuAiShi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 9
Ugh, bummer. I hate how people can make poor writers to feel like they have to pull their accounts for safety. Sorry that this happens to you Aiko and MissKatt. :/ I hope the thief will learn her lessons soon.

This is honestly disgusting.

I found emailing the staffs to be the quickest way to put ends to things like this. But I'm sure you lots already know this.

My day is not ending well, certainly.

Logged Logged
RogueMudblood
Pup
graphgraph
Aiko-san wrote:
I think I am going to pull my account.
Drives me nuts, but I don't know if I want to deal with that place anymore.
I'm just glad we got her account down and now we know what other account she has and we can watch her.

If you do remove your stories from there, I would suggest taking screen captures of the posting dates so that you can prove when yours were published online. Keeping a log of the assigned URLs won't hurt either.

Some go so far as to screen cap the entire story, to show that exactly what they had posted, with the URL showing in the screen so there's no question of whether it can be verified.

Part of proving someone copied you is proving that they had access to the material. Posting online is worldwide access, but you also need to show yours was published first. Especially when you're talking about removing material because someone stole from you.

Logged Logged

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
Just to point out, that is especially true if you have completely different upload dates on different sites. Like for example, I posted my first Kag/Sess story on ff.net way back in 2007 and it wasn't posted on Dokuga until 2008 because it was finished before I started on this site. In fact, ff.net wasn't even the first place I posted it, my fanfic website was.

My point is, if there is a decent gap of time between the two and someone stole it during that time and hasn't been caught yet, it would be almost impossible to prove you posted it originally if all of your original dates were on ff.net and you don't save the screen shots listing the dates as well as the story itself. If that makes sense...

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
My stories are posted here with dates, so I am sure that won't be a problem. I haven't taken them down, but I am still waiting for the admins to get back to me.
I also posted it on the same day, but I agree with you. I will be sure to have the screen shots just in case. Thanks guys!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/06 14:16 By Aiko-san.

- Joss Whedon
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.