Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Plagiarized Story
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: Plagiarized Story
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
wonderbug wrote:
Aiko-san, I'm terribly sorry that this happened to you. Plagiarism makes me sick. Just wanted to let you know I've reported Tink Armor on FF.net as well.

(Seriously, though, this Tink Armor person is just shameless. Even the disclaimer in her story is blatantly lifted from forthright's disclaimers in 'Lord Charming'...)

That is what Madison was saying. I...ugh...I don't even know. This lady is completely delusional!

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
RogueMudblood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
KEdakumi wrote:
Does anyone know (or know someone) that would be familiar enough with the other fandoms she's 'written' for to know if they were original works?
I read a lot of crossovers, but I didn't recognize dbz crossover and I don't read sailor moon crossovers.
There is also an Airbender story, but I don't read this either.
I was just wondering if all her works were 'inspired' so blatantly.

Like I noted in the TAPIR thread, she's not limiting herself to other fanfic authors.

WiccanMethuselah wrote:
With Rogue on the case, I imagine that this person may come to regret having stirred this hornet's nest.

~~Wiccan~~
PS - I reported it too.

'Tis a group effort, ya know. I'm fairly certain my e-mail is on their "filter to trash bin" list.

wonderbug wrote:

(Seriously, though, this Tink Armor person is just shameless. Even the disclaimer in her story is blatantly lifted from forthright's disclaimers in 'Lord Charming'...)

Bearing that in mind, can those familiar with the original (Rated T) please take a look at the thief's posting (Rated M) which uses the exact disclaimer (and was apparently deleted once) to advise?

Logged Logged

Staunchly anti-plagiarism
RogueMudblood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Hairann wrote:
Speaking of stolen things and slightly on a side note, but I kinda doubt Tink Armor owns the fanarts used in the cover art for the stories. If my assumption is correct, you might want to point their use out to the actual artists. Since last I checked, using the thumbnails of someone else's artwork without permission is still stealing.

Excellent point, working on finding them.
One is from here and has the artist's e-mail
One is from here, and that's the earliest posting I found - this one is on numerous fan sites uploaded by multiple people.
One is from here (copyrighted to Nickelodeon)
One is from here.
One is from here
This one (Rated M) is from here. As that states that the image was inspired by Unspoiled (Rated T) by forthright, any takers for story comparison?
One is from here.
Four appear to be lifted directly from the Inuyasha anime.

Still matching up others, will edit when found. I think I matched them all - if there are any I missed, please post. Have notified the original artists on dA and the one with the yahoo e-mail.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/03 23:11 By RogueMudblood.

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
RogueMudblood wrote:

Bearing that in mind, can those familiar with the original (Rated T) please take a look at the thief's posting (Rated M) which uses the exact disclaimer (and was apparently deleted once) to advise?

I looked through the twit's attempt (Tamashi-No-Noroi) and can definitely say that nothing in there remotely resembles anything that Forthy wrote, save for the disclaimer. It appears that chapters 2 and 3 are substantially the same, except for some minor differences in the last couple of paragraphs.

Now, heading for the eyebleach!!!!!!!!!
O.o
~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
KiaraSkye told me she was posting her name all over her fictions trying to dig herself out of the hole she created. Apparently, the poor woman has been holding off on a sequel to a story because she is worried about this Tink Amor. That is pure craziness. She is smothering this woman, and as Rouge has put it in a PM, she is the anathema of a creative soul. (nicely put by the way)

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 57
Gah! My eyes! My poor eyes! Aiko, I'm so sorry you were plagiarised too! Ouchies! It literally hurt to read the plagiarised stuff!

>.<

T___T

I'mma gonna report it on principle!

Gah!

*wipes teary eyes*

~ Pyre

P.S: Reported! Although I had to kinda figure out how to make a report on FFNet for the plagiarism for a good two minutes!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/04 00:00 By Pyre.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
Trust me, Rogue, Forthy has NEVER written anything like that drivel. It bears no resemblance whatsoever to "Unspoiled."
O.o
GAH!
Running out of eyebleach... time for bed!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

FantomuAiShi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 9
Her 'The Sword Smith's Daughter' to MissKatt's 'The Sword Smith's Secret'? Tink Armor favorited that work. Oh the irony! If she faved MissKatt's work, then certainly the thief must have faved other victims' works as well.

Here's what I saw: puu.sh/9ejy1/d27d587434.png

Tink Armor is not very bright, isn't she? Still, if you're looking for works she stole, it might worth a look in her list of favorites! Just a protip.

My head hurts from this all, but I had to mention that funny lil' tadbit.

But geez, the nerves of some people! Sorry that this happened to you. I hope it will be resolved soon!

Also, reported.

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Success!!! The story has been removed!!! Now to get the others down!!

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 32
This girl is giving me the hardest time! I messaged her informing I was hurt she would steal my story an asked her to take it down or she would be reported. Now she is constantly blowing up my inbox on FF. She just wrote me saying she's reporting ME for plagiarism because she thinks I atoll bittersweetlady's story about Souta also being the hospital and not being able to pay for his bills. UMM, themes are common in the fanfiction world, right? Admittedly, I do not know about bittersweetlady's story, but I doubt it's the same as Behind the Curtain. And even if it is, I didn't steal it, let alone steal it verbatim!

Ugh. Sorry for the rant, but this girl is too much.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Take a look at the "Plagiarism" tutorial in the Fanfiction Help, Author's Tools thread on the forum, it will tell you all you need to tell HER about "shared cliche." I doubt the twit will understand it, but I've broken it down into fairly simple terms:

http://www.dokuga.com/forum/34-authors-tools/51607-dokuga-authors-tutorial-plagiarism#51607

She can "report" all she likes, but as a proven plagiarist, she has little grounds to do so, frankly. I know that Rogue is probably monitoring this thread, so she'll be aware of what the twit is up to.

I do know, however, that your story and BittersweetLady's story are nothing alike. In yours, Kagome has to pay for hospital bills. In hers, Kagome's mother dies leaving her with Souta to care for. Different basic premise entirely!! Trust me, the twit is stretching it in a major fashion.

Hope this makes you feel slightly better!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
It does! Thank you so much Wiccan!

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 5
She did the same to me, misskatt! She likes to turn thinks around on people. That is why I went straight to the admins. She will not let up because she knows she has been caught so she is scrambling. She is a complete fool.

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
Aviel
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 49
UPDATE: Tink Amor's account has been deleted/deactivated. Hopefully, that's the last we'll hear from her.

Good job, everyone!

Logged Logged

I claimed Midoriko`s Hair in the Claim Game!

Dokuga Minions Unite! Be positive. Be proud. Show support for Dokuga!
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
My story was just deleted for "lyrics" that weren't my even in the story! What the heck?!
Aiko-san28,

Title: "Thrill of the Hunt"
Summary: "Those golden eyes held hers, showing her something she hadn't ever seen before… And then he spoke... "Run…". For Maddie-san"
Rating: "Rated: M"
Storyid: 10270505

Main reason for removal: "Not the property of uploading writer Please note we do not allow users to post lyrics to songs they did not write. Exception being works in the US public domain."

The above story has been removed because it violated the guideline detailed on the upload page.

www.fanfiction.net/guidelines/

FanFiction.Net has a set of guidelines for the uploading of stories and chapters.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.fanfiction.net/guidelines/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FanFiction www.fanfiction.net

Follow us
Twitter twitter.com/fictionpress
Blog blog.fictionpress.com

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/04 17:47 By Aiko-san.

- Joss Whedon
RogueMudblood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 11
Their juxtaposition needs work, and I've told them this. We've had several discussions about their lack of communication skills.

Did the story contain any material that anyone could claim was not yours? I would ask them to provide the evidence which was submitted to them with the report.

Logged Logged

Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
No! None what so ever! There are no lyrics in that story. Who would I contact?
I know it was tink amor! She has been threatening to report me back.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/04 17:55 By Aiko-san.

- Joss Whedon
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
If I were you, I would PM Rogue and see if she has any ideas on how to get the story re-instated. The twit managed to go on a rampage just before she got axed, and sent me a HUGE PM due to my "review" on her theft of MissKatt's story. I wouldn't doubt that she was the one who reported you for lyrics... that weren't there, even.

Obviously, anyone who has read your story on Dokuga knows there are no lyrics in it. If the dork that pulled in on ff.net had looked, they might have noticed the same thing. Talk to Rogue and see what your options might be!

~~Wiccan~~

EDIT: Obviously, while I was typing, communication was taking place already! Pay no attention to that Wiccan behind the curtain!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/04 17:57 By wiccanmethuselah. Reason: Behind the eight ball today!

Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Gah!!! I'm so irritated!!! That girl... So irritated with those reviewing these reported stories! My respect for this site seems to diminish with one stupid thing at a time! Lord!

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Im so sorry Aiko Hopefully she has learned her lesson, but probably not. She seemed pretty set in her ways.

FF told me that they removed the story shortly before Aviel stated that she was deactivated! Yay!

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
I just need an email. Am not even sure who to go to about my story...

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
Lace
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: -1
Reading this thread makes me glad I am not on FF.net. Jesus, Mary, Joseph and a camel... hope everything is set straight soon

Logged Logged
Serena530
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 171
Obviously they were wrong for taking down your story when it didn't have song lyrics in it. What I don't understand is even if it did have them in it, why would they take the story down in the first place? I've come across a lot of stories that have song lyrics in them, song-fics, and they don't seem to be getting removed. I've come across them so much that I wasn't aware that you couldn't have lyrics in your fic.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Serena530 wrote:
Obviously they were wrong for taking down your story when it didn't have song lyrics in it. What I don't understand is even if it did have them in it, why would they take the story down in the first place? I've come across a lot of stories that have song lyrics in them, song-fics, and they don't seem to be getting removed. I've come across them so much that I wasn't aware that you couldn't have lyrics in your fic.

Here on Dokuga, all we require is that you credit either the performing artist, or the songwriter and include the name of the song. On ff.net, however, there is a total prohibition against using copyrighted works such as songs in your stories, whether or not they choose to enforce it across the board.

Another way in which we differ here is that we will give you time to attribute such things (add a disclaimer) whereas ff.net will simply delete your story with no warning. For all of our warnings, you are given seven (7) days to correct the problems... and sometimes more if you contact an Admin. Then again, being a smaller site, we have the ability to do so, where it might be problematic on larger sites like ff.net.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

kaoruhana
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 109
I'm quite happy things worked out for you two but I get so annoyed thinking about how rude and hurt you two must have felt.

P.S. I did report her yesterday.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.