Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Plagiarized Story
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 3
TOPIC: Plagiarized Story
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
Hi Dokuga!

I have been dealing with something since Saturday. I tried to fix it on my own, going to the person and trying to get them to remove this paragraph from my story off of theirs, and it doesn't seem to be working. I have reported it, but the story still remains.

Let me explain my situation...

A few weeks ago I had a person by the name of 'Tink Amor' on ff.net ask me to use a paragraph from my story 'Shiro Inu' (rated M no yims), and I responded saying, no and that I didn't feel comfortable with her using it. She didn't respond but something told me that I should keep an eye out. Yes, one paragraph isn't a big deal to most, but I was really upset to see that she decided to use it anyway, but paraphrased quite a bit of it to make it less obvious. I messaged the person, asking them why they went ahead and did it anyway. She responded with hostility, calling me all sorts of names for even asking. I showed her the evidence, which I will provide in this message, and she said that I was just crazy and to stop stalking her...

I need help. I have asked her just to take that part out nothing more! That is all I wanted, but she refuses. If anyone would be willing to back me up and help report her, that would be must appreciated. Please don't review and please don't private message her. I don't want it to fall back on my stuff and get banned because of nasty messages. Thank you for taking the time.

URL to her story: www.fanfiction.net/s/10394946/1/Kako-no-tamashi-no-noroi

My profile is Aiko-san28 on FF.net and the story she took from was 'Shiro Inu' again both stories are M rated so no yims.

Here is what she took from me. I know it is small, but reporting it seems to be my last resort since she refuses to take it out. Thank you!!

Tink Amor: For they say youkai are callous beings, who prey on the innocent to display their supremacy.

Mine: They say youkai are uncaring creatures, who prey on innocent humans for their own selfish desires.

Tink Amor: However, she couldn't convey herself to move as there are amply foul humans whose hearts are evil still.

Mine: but for some reason I couldn't help but wonder if some of these youkai were just misunderstood… There were plenty of evil humans in this world who looked to kill, steal, and r*** for their own pleasure.

Tink Amor: She couldn't help but phenomenon that some youkai are just in reality miscalculated.

Mine: I now believe that most youkai had evil tendencies, but for some reason I couldn't help but wonder if some of these youkai were just misunderstood…

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
SonofZhon
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Aiko-san wrote:
Hi Dokuga!

Tink Amor: However, she couldn't convey herself to move as there are amply foul humans whose hearts are evil still.

Mine: but for some reason I couldn't help but wonder if some of these youkai were just misunderstood… There were plenty of evil humans in this world who looked to kill, steal, and r*** for their own pleasure.

Tink Amor: She couldn't help but phenomenon that some youkai are just in reality miscalculated.

Mine: I now believe that most youkai had evil tendencies, but for some reason I couldn't help but wonder if some of these youkai were just misunderstood…

My God, those sentences are terrible. That isn't an attempt at paraphrasing to escape plagiarism charges, that is butchering the English language. Those poor words...

Logged Logged
Aviel
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 49
Oh, dear... I'm sorry this happened to you. It seems as though you weren't the only one she plagiarized either.

Call it a weird vibe or hunch (but mostly for Tink Amor's complete unoriginality), but I also took a peek at another one of her "stories", and it looks like she replicated the first chapter of MissKatt's The Sword Smith's Secret (rated MA).

TA's "story" is: The Sword Smith's Daughter (Like, come on... Are you serious?). It's apparently rated M btw.

Most of the chapter is Katt's version. Shamelessly verbatim, mind you. Some parts are paraphrased in a similar manner to the paragraph she "borrowed" from you, too.

That being said, I'm reporting her... And I'll keep reporting her until these stories are taken down. But thanks for bringing this to our attention, AND for doing it so responsibly! Hopefully, everything will be resolved soon!

P.S. I'll look at her other stuff just in case, and edit this post if I find anything else suspicious.

EDIT: Still combing through her fics...and my brain is starting to hurt. Her bio and other written statements regarding her plagiarism (and defending it!) are just ridiculous.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/03 15:40 By aviel.

I claimed Midoriko`s Hair in the Claim Game!

Dokuga Minions Unite! Be positive. Be proud. Show support for Dokuga!
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
Thank you so much! I appreciate all your help! I had a feeling I wasn't the only one. You guys are life savers!!

Not to mention, I am glad I brought it to your attention. For the sake of this other author as well.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/03 15:36 By Aiko-san.

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 29
I have already reported her. And I did it again today.
Also, on top of copying our fantastic authors Aiko-san and MissKatt she is also ripping off another author.
Her stories Naraku's Poker Chips & Child of Scorn (Both rated M according to FFN standards) are ripping off KiaraSkye's story Not quite alive (Rated M according to FFN)

Logged Logged

Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
On my way over to report those stories as well! Thank you Madison!

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
RogueMudblood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Aiko-san, I am always aggrieved to hear of plagiarism, and do hate when there's a prolific thief such as this one.

I am in the process of posting a thread in TAPIR forum on FFN so users there will report as well, but I wanted to go ahead and give you this information, so you can file a complaint to the admins directly.

The complaint needs to be sent to copyright [at] fanfiction [dot] com, with the subject "Copyright Infringement Notification".

To Whom It May Concern,

I have discovered that my (short story/poem/novel), [insert story title], has been altered and posted without my permission by a writer on www.FanFiction.net named [insert plagiarist penname] [insert plagiarist profile link]. I am from [insert country you're from].

My original fan fiction short story can be found here: [insert your story link]. I published it on [insert publishing date].

Her/His plagiarized copy can be found here:

[insert link to plagiarized copy]. S/He published it on [insert plagiarized story date].

Copyright law in the United States implies that even a derivative work (which mine is) that cannot be sold enjoys some protection from copyright infringement. We can see this in the realm of approved derivative works such as tie-in novels. I realize this is still a gray area, and is disputed in many venues. However, until a definite ruling comes down which removes fan fiction entirely from under the copyright umbrella, I will claim what rights I do have. [Use this ONLY if your work is also fanfiction AND if you are from the US. Delete if your work is original.]

You may reach me at my email address: [your email address - that you don't mind a thief having].

I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is otherwise not permitted by law.

I swear that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use.

Thank you. I look forward to a timely resolution to this matter.

Signed: [Your name]

The bits about the good faith belief and the notification being accurate are required to be in the notice.

If they don't remove the stolen content within a week, I'll give you another address to e-mail. (You just have to try the copyright address first and allow sufficient time for them to remove it.)

Logged Logged

Staunchly anti-plagiarism
Fye
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 24
RogueMudblood wrote:
Aiko-san, I am always aggrieved to hear of plagiarism, and do hate when there's a prolific thief such as this one.

I am in the process of posting a thread in TAPIR forum on FFN so users there will report as well, but I wanted to go ahead and give you this information, so you can file a complaint to the admins directly.

The complaint needs to be sent to copyright [at] fanfiction [dot] com, with the subject "Copyright Infringement Notification".

To Whom It May Concern,

I have discovered that my (short story/poem/novel), [insert story title], has been altered and posted without my permission by a writer on www.FanFiction.net named [insert plagiarist penname] [insert plagiarist profile link]. I am from [insert country you're from].

My original fan fiction short story can be found here: [insert your story link]. I published it on [insert publishing date].

Her/His plagiarized copy can be found here:

[insert link to plagiarized copy]. S/He published it on [insert plagiarized story date].

Copyright law in the United States implies that even a derivative work (which mine is) that cannot be sold enjoys some protection from copyright infringement. We can see this in the realm of approved derivative works such as tie-in novels. I realize this is still a gray area, and is disputed in many venues. However, until a definite ruling comes down which removes fan fiction entirely from under the copyright umbrella, I will claim what rights I do have. [Use this ONLY if your work is also fanfiction AND if you are from the US. Delete if your work is original.]

You may reach me at my email address: [your email address - that you don't mind a thief having].

I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work described above is not authorized by the copyright owner (or by a third party who is legally entitled to do so on behalf of the copyright owner) and is otherwise not permitted by law.

I swear that the information contained in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or have an exclusive right in law to bring infringement proceedings with respect to its use.

Thank you. I look forward to a timely resolution to this matter.

Signed: [Your name]

The bits about the good faith belief and the notification being accurate are required to be in the notice.

If they don't remove the stolen content within a week, I'll give you another address to e-mail. (You just have to try the copyright address first and allow sufficient time for them to remove it.)

How I wish there was an option on FF.net to report the author rather than every single story they plagiarized :/
Outside of that, I think it would be a good idea to have this "Copyright Infringement Notification" template, that Rogue so kindly shared, on a new thread for all authors to see in case their work is stolen.

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Rogue, you are a peach! I am going to send this information to the other two authors as well. Thank you all for your help! It has been much appreciated!

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
FaerieDearest
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 152
What can I do to help you?

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
We need to report the story I listed, along with the others she had stolen from other wonderful authors. I have sent the e-mail, so hopefully they take it down. Also, I have sent this information to the other two authors involved.

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
FaerieDearest
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 152
Done! Hope this helps.

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Thank you so much Faerie!

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
RogueMudblood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
You're more than welcome.

Titaku, one of the volunteers at TAPIR, was kind enough to draft that template for the original authors to use in reporting stolen works, and we share it as often as we find stolen material. It's been very effective.

I will say, as I let Wiccan know on Facebook, that Tink Amor did post a defense here:
https://www.fanfiction.net/r/8756836/1/1/

So far, I've only found exact matches in dialogue on one other story - and that was stolen from the 1988 film "Coming to America". I'm still looking though.

Logged Logged

Staunchly anti-plagiarism
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
What I am hoping happens is her entire profile gets deleted. There are multiple stories she had been taking from. This is absolute craziness! That is pretty much the same thing she was posting to me, but far more explosive. Sending me three huge messages at a time tying to explain herself, saying, "How could I have the time?". Really? Of course my replies were along the lines of, "Can you please take my paragraph out of your story. Please and thank you...that is all I am asking," But...apparently that is considered stalking? Ugh, this whole situation is getting tiring. I cannot wait to see her stories off, and hopefully she won't come back with more plagiarized stories on a different name. It really wouldn't surprise me, I suppose.

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
Lace
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: -1
Plagiarism frustrates me so much. It's one thing to be inspired by another's story and perhaps expanding on it or showing a different side of such...but it's so disrespectful to the original author, and even to oneself, to blatantly copy their work. How do people honestly think they can get away with stealing like this? It's the internet.
I'm sorry this happened to you and other authors on this site.

Logged Logged
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Thanks Lace, I couldn't agree with you more. I am just very happy that I could turn to this amazing site to figure out what I could do. Hopefully everyone's efforts help get this person off.

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 32
Oh my goodness, thank you so much to the both of you for messaging me and telling me! I had no idea this had happened until you guys messaged me and told me! I will write FF right now in regards to my story and then report the ones mentioned as well!
I can't believe this happened to us I still can't fathom the reasons why someone would do something like this. Can they really bask in the praise when they know it doesn't belong to them?

Ugh, anyways,thank you so, so much!
-MissKatt

Logged Logged
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 56
Does anyone know (or know someone) that would be familiar enough with the other fandoms she's 'written' for to know if they were original works?
I read a lot of crossovers, but I didn't recognize dbz crossover and I don't read sailor moon crossovers.
There is also an Airbender story, but I don't read this either.
I was just wondering if all her works were 'inspired' so blatantly.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/06/03 20:41 By KEdakumi.

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
Taking Aiko-san's suggestion, I have posted Rogue's template under Fanfiction Help in the Author's Tools section as a "sticky" topic. That means that the template will remain there for all to see. That way, the next time someone has this problem with ff.net, that advice will be readily available.

As I note in the post, however, it's still a good idea to post here on the forum. That way, we can also generate lots of reports using ff.net's own reporting tools. With Rogue on the case, I imagine that this person may come to regret having stirred this hornet's nest.

~~Wiccan~~
PS - I reported it too.

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

wonderbug
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 7
Aiko-san, I'm terribly sorry that this happened to you. Plagiarism makes me sick. Just wanted to let you know I've reported Tink Armor on FF.net as well.

(Seriously, though, this Tink Armor person is just shameless. Even the disclaimer in her story is blatantly lifted from forthright's disclaimers in 'Lord Charming'...)

Logged Logged
CritterWhisperer
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 47
RogueMudblood wrote:

I will say, as I let Wiccan know on Facebook, that Tink Amor did post a defense here:

That "defense" statement was posted over a year ago! How has her profile not been deleted if she's been doing this and getting caught at it for at least a year?

Logged Logged

I tagged . . . err, claimed Sesshoumaru's cute, elfin ears in the Dokuga Claiming Game
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
CritterWhisperer wrote:
RogueMudblood wrote:

That "defense" statement was posted over a year ago! How has her profile not been deleted if she's been doing this and getting caught at it for at least a year?

LOL, you were kidding, right? I mean... it's ff.net. There have been cases that have dragged on for AGES with plagiarized stories staying up. You might recall that it took us months to get the plagiarist to take r0o's story down. Lyra dealt with a plagiarizer for an ungodly time until we managed to get that one down. It happens all too often, especially when few people make the effort to report a plagiarizer.
O.o
~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Hairann
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarized Story 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Speaking of stolen things and slightly on a side note, but I kinda doubt Tink Armor owns the fanarts used in the cover art for the stories. If my assumption is correct, you might want to point their use out to the actual artists. Since last I checked, using the thumbnails of someone else's artwork without permission is still stealing.

Logged Logged

I claimed Tenseiga`s resurrection power!
Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
That is a good point!

As for stories staying up for a long time even though they are clearly plagiarized...that sounds absolutely awful. I am glad so many people are joining in. She has been doing this for far too long, and even trying to use this 'you are crazy' card to stir up trouble. I was just as shocked to see that she has managed to keep this account for longer than a year.

The best way to handle this girl is to go straight to the admins. She likes to twist things to make you look bad. She even threatened to report me for questioning her...so I decided to go to someone who has authority. This one is a nasty one.

Logged Logged

- Joss Whedon
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.