Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Animated Film: Wolf Children
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Animated Film: Wolf Children
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Animated Film: Wolf Children 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 57
I found this odd DVD that featured an animated film by Mamoru Hosoda, and after watching it all I could think of was 'This is such good source material for Sesshy x Kagome ficlets'. It isn't about Sess x Kags, just to warn fellow Dokugans, it's about a young woman who falls in love with a guy that's either a wolf youkai or a werewolf
(I'm still trying to figure out which myself), and raises their children, who have inherited their father's wolf-nature, all on her own.

It's a simply story that I found had been brilliantly written, beautifully animated, and wonderfully directed.

It's kind of like Twilight but with a grown-up Bella, two half-wolf toddlers that act like kids one second and puppies the next chewing on your shoes and table-legs.

It's sad, hilarious, and heartbreaking at times. The film is also a powertrip for Moms! Since the main character, being a Mom to two extraordinary children, has to raise her children on her own.

She's just damn amazing!

And the irony is that after I finished watching the entire film, all I could think was that the Mom (being human and raising her children to the best of her ability) was really the extraordinary one in the story. She perseveres through the ups and downs of being a single Mom. She's again just damn amazing.

XD.

If your looking for source material for Sesshy x Kag family ficlets than this is a good base. It addresses alot of oddities in the Sess x Kag relationship. I would recommend it to watch for those curious about these kinds of things.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ulam
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Animated Film: Wolf Children 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I so agree; so many emotions in that movie! It was absolutely beautifully done :')

Logged Logged
Madison
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Animated Film: Wolf Children 9 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 29
Oh I agree, this one is a real tearjerker. I had to pause it from time to time because I was bawling my eyes out and couldn't see anymore. I find it to be a masterpiece and I often re-watch it.

I never quite figured out what he was either, though. (werewolf that can transform when he wants?) But you're right it can also be good inspiration for stories. It's definitively worth the watch though! The different "messages" in the movie are quite nice and touching as well.

Logged Logged

Aiko-san
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Animated Film: Wolf Children 9 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 5
OH my stars! This movie had me crying my little eyeballs out!!! OMG, this was just a piece of pure goodness. I was thinking the same thing when I ran across this little beauty! I happened to see it in B&N one night. I am so glad I was able to watch it eventually. This is a must see!!

Logged Logged

\"There\'s a time and place for everything, and I believe it is called fan fiction.\"
- Joss Whedon
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.