Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Sesshomaru's Voice
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Sesshomaru's Voice
elisa128
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
Hi Gang,

I just recently finished watching the second episode of the new season of Inuyasha. This was the first time I watched the subtitles in Japanese and I find myself preferring Sesshomaru's voice by the Japanese artist, then by the American artist. So my question of you, which on do you prefer and why?

Logged Logged

I claim Hiten’s smirkCopy this code to your website to display this banner!

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” - Helen Keller
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Aoi-Kaji
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
I would say both.. since the english one I can understand clearly but the Japanese one gives Sesshoumaru's character justice. ._. So.. I guess I didn't help at all ¬¬ eh-heh c;

Logged Logged
Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 20
I prefer the voice of voice actor David Kaye, and not just becaise it is in English either. I feel his voice reflects the very peronna his character reflects. It is deep, it is quiet-yet commanding and can give a person chills at just the right moments. Yes, I am an audiatory person and have been known to favor those with deep voices but, David seems to know exactly just how Sesshoumarus' character should speak, right down to the tone[even if he is just making a single noise with no coherent words].Even though the Japanese voice actor does possess a deep voice as well, I do not feel that his voice and tone reflects that of the character. It lacks the quiet authoritative quality that Sesshoumarus' character should possess.

Then there is the added bonus of just WHAT that smooth as silk baritone voice can do to a woman....yeah. As I said before, his voice is like sinfully rich, and oh so decadent fine chocolate you know you should not have, but are powerless to resist....Man!

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 277
Rich, deep, dark chocolate - semi-sweet - silky, melt-in-your-mouth... yeah... what Oroyukae said... yummmmmm..

Uh, never mind... imagination running away with me again!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Mistress Morbid
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
David Kaye is the epitome of perfection for Sesshoumaru's voice, in my opinion.

He's one of the few voice actors that I prefer to the Japanese counterpart. As Oroyukae was saying, his voice just matches Sesshoumaru's character and attitude *perfectly*.

I'm incredibly nervous about the final Inuyasha season being dubbed because David might not be voicing Sesshoumaru again. I was asking him about it and since he lives in LA now and not Vancouver he wouldn't be near the original studio that did the first dub. Still, I was mentioning that many fans would be upset not to hear him again so I know he'll at least consider it, but it all depends on where he can record it. I can't imagine any other voice being Sesshoumaru.

Logged Logged

Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Tell him we will sign a petition ...hold a protest..SOMETHING to get him to agree!!!LMAO. Seriously, he is so talented and makes the character so much more intriguing. I have enjoyed all of his work immensely and hope that he agrees to do it.

Logged Logged
Mistress Morbid
Pup
graphgraph
I know, but unfortunately it doesn't have much to do with his own decisions. It's actually a matter of the studio being located in Vancouver, and he's now living in LA. Unless he come somehow do his recordings in LA he was saying it would be really difficult to get back with that studio.

Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I'm praying that the english dub company does everything in their power to get him back, along with the rest of the original cast. Inuyasha is one of those animes that I actually enjoy the english dub of, so I'd be very upset if they didn't have the same voices as the first series.

At the very least though I want David to return as Sesshoumaru since his character has so many pivotal arcs in this final season, and in my mind no one else can do justice to his voice.

Logged Logged

Oroyukae
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Me sentiments exactly! It just would seem so odd hearing another voice as Sesshoumaru and I firmly believe that no one else would be as effective in achieving the Sesshoumaru personna .I give you karma!

Logged Logged
elisa128
Pup
graphgraph
well just as long as Sesshomaru's voices gives you that warm gooey feeling, and you wet yourself just a little I think that both voices have accomplished their goals. What do you think?

Logged Logged

I claim Hiten’s smirkCopy this code to your website to display this banner!

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” - Helen Keller
kimakaanna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8
To tell the truth, I have no preference because both voices are just downright sexy!! If the case was life or death and I HAD to choose, it would be the Japanese voice because it's just a few octaves lower than the American voice but they BOTH do a wonderful job at playing the gorgeous Taiyoukai!!

Logged Logged

Kimakaanna

Nysrina
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2021/11/09 09:51 By Nysrina.
Tara-Yomitorika
Whelp
graphgraph
I have to go with the english voice, but mainly because of a the language barrier. It's hard to really feel a voice when you can't understand what's being said. So I vote for David

Logged Logged

~Tara-Yomitorika~
* \"Oh, Lord! Why have you forsaken me?\" \"CAN IT! When God gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD!!!\" *
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 66
Oooh, I can't decide which voice actor is better at doing Sesshomaru's voice. Nah, I won't choose between Ken Narita and David Kaye. They both do him justice.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 26
I can't really remember what his Japanese voice sounds like, but I could listen to Sesshoumaru's English voice all day. *Sighs dreamily*

Logged Logged
Phoenix
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2
I vote Ken .. that deep voice just catches my attention much more then David.. When I hear David my mind goes to Megatron <shrugs>

Logged Logged
InuYoukaiLiz
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 9
Oh heck both because either way he sounds sexy....and his voice in Spanish isn't too bad either

Logged Logged

PROUD Inupapa fangirl

"I wish for a heart. A heart of the man whom I'll never allow to forget me." (to Kagome) - Kikyo

"Go Naraku, gather the shards of the jewel, and once you found them all , then I will send you to hell." - Kikyo

I support Kikyo...got a problem with that?
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 78
I prefer Sesshomaru's voice in the English version. It is so deep and sexy. Guys with a deep voice like that can do wonderful things to a girl... I like Kouga's voice in English too. Whoever was responsible for selecting the voice actors for the English version did a great job. InuYasha's voice is annoying in English AND Japanese. It's a good thing, since Sesshomaru, Kouga, and Naraku all have such sexy voices, and Miroku has such a reassuring voice. You'd buy a used car from that guy. I was amused to find that Kagome sounds really b***** in both English and Japanese when she is annoyed.

Logged Logged
gen'ei honsho
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4
Phoenix wrote:
I vote Ken .. that deep voice just catches my attention much more then David.. When I hear David my mind goes to Megatron <shrugs>

David's voice is wonderful but Ken's is a lot deeper. Now David voices Optimus Prime in the new Transformers cartoon, so now I associate him with this character.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/10/22 12:02 By mandyb.
Honey-Bee
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 26
Since we're bringing up David's other voice-over roles, I'm going to bring up one of Ken's as well. *Grins* Ken Narita, Japanese voice-over for Sesshoumaru, also voiced for Johnny Bravo. If you don't know who Johnny is, click on the link.

For giggles, here is the opening to Johnny Bravo:

Rofl. Man, I loved that show...

Now, as fun as it was to try and picture Sesshoumaru as Johnny, I don't really think of actors in their new or previous roles. Like David Boreanaz, for example. I don't think of him as "Angel" when I'm watching Bones, and I don't think of him as "Special Agent Seeley Booth" when I'm watching Angel. They're separate characters in my mind, just like Sesshoumaru and Johnny.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/10/22 14:42 By Honey-Bee.
Jess
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4
Oroyukae wrote:
I prefer the voice of voice actor David Kaye, and not just becaise it is in English either. I feel his voice reflects the very peronna his character reflects. It is deep, it is quiet-yet commanding and can give a person chills at just the right moments. Yes, I am an audiatory person and have been known to favor those with deep voices but, David seems to know exactly just how Sesshoumarus' character should speak, right down to the tone[even if he is just making a single noise with no coherent words].Even though the Japanese voice actor does possess a deep voice as well, I do not feel that his voice and tone reflects that of the character. It lacks the quiet authoritative quality that Sesshoumarus' character should possess.

Then there is the added bonus of just WHAT that smooth as silk baritone voice can do to a woman....yeah. As I said before, his voice is like sinfully rich, and oh so decadent fine chocolate you know you should not have, but are powerless to resist....Man!

~Sorry I just had to quote you on that I totally feel the same way!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/11/29 21:09 By .

I claimed Kouga\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\'s blue eyes!!
Hoshi Phoenix
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Sesshomaru's Voice 14 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 8
I can't choose! They both sound deliciously good! Deep voices.....:cough: yea its a tie!

Logged Logged

~*Ash*~
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"I Claimed Miroku\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Earrings in the Claim Game Thread. There mine, all mine! Bwaahhh!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.