Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Still looking for a certain canon-fic...
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Just make a thread outlining as much about the general plot as you can remember, and any defining details that made the story stick with you. Good luck!
Go to bottom
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
TOPIC: Still looking for a certain canon-fic...
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Still looking for a certain canon-fic... 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hey there :3

I'm looking for a certain fanfiction, not sure if it's on dokuga or ff.net, but I thought I'd throw out a line anyways. It's just one of your basic circumstances-lead-to-sess/kag-as-mates, set in canon-verse, but I specifically remember that the inu language was a rather large plot device, as in Sesshomaru taught Kagome to speak it, and the very last chapter Kagome gave birth with only Sesshomaru there to assist.

If you have any leads, they would be greatly appreciated.

Nariko-Chan ^o^

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Ezriee
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Still looking for a certain canon-fic... 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 10
Undefined by FluffyandKagome ??? Rated M No minors
I don't think this is it...but I know that I've read that story before...I gotta think about it a bit, lol. I haven't read this one though...

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/09/23 23:20 By EzzieValentine.
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Still looking for a certain canon-fic... 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks, I'll check it out and post up if that's it. The help is appreciated =)

Logged Logged
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
Okay, that one was most definitely NOT it. But it was good.

Logged Logged
dilanka
Pup
graphgraph
Yellow Brick Road

Logged Logged
sesshykagslvr
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Still looking for a certain canon-fic... 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
I think you are looking for Atonement by Miss Kagura....

Inuyasha has taken the only person his brother has ever cared about. He will make his amends by surrendering the one person he can't live without...
Rating: MA - Universe: Canon - Status: Complete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Angst, Drama - Updated: 11-23-08 - Created: 04-24-08 Chapters: 25 - Reviews: 73 - Words: 91,911 - Reads: 44,404

Logged Logged
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
Nope, just read through atonement and that wasn't it either. It did have the pregnancy chapter right before the epilogue, but the most mention of the inu language was in the chapter where Sesshomaru and Inuyasha were speaking it to each other very briefly. In the story I'm looking for, Kagome definitely knows it.

Logged Logged
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
dilanka wrote:
Yellow Brick Road

Could you perhaps be a little more clear?

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Still looking for a certain canon-fic... 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 156
Nariko wrote:
dilanka wrote:
Yellow Brick Road

Could you perhaps be a little more clear?

I believe dilanka means Yellow Brick Road by Emmaren.
Summary: Divergence (534). The jewel was thought to be destroyed on Naraku's death, Kagome new better. Now she is trying to make up for past transgression. Sesshoumaru is her new protector at Inuyasha's behest. Come, follow the insane road. *Complete* *Editing*
Rating: MA - Universe: Canon - Status: Complete - Category: Chapter Stories - Genre: Angst, Dark, Drama - Updated: 02-03-09 - Created: 04-26-08 Chapters: 35 - Reviews: 71 - Words: 131,019 - Reads: 50,752

Logged Logged
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
Nope, that one wasn't it either. And it was also mildly confusing, lol.

Logged Logged
Kagome Ketchup
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Still looking for a certain canon-fic... 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 3
I suspect you are looking for "Whispers Behind Rice Paper Walls" by Hikari Hime.

Logged Logged
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
I'll check it out and see if that's it. If it is, I'll post. I really want to find that fic soon, I've been looking for it for months. I read it back in like, 2009 or 2010, so maybe that's why it's hard to find.

Logged Logged
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
No, 'Whispers Behind Rice Paper Walls' was definitely not it. It was good, but the story I read was complete already.

Logged Logged
a Mysticlady
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Still looking for a certain canon-fic... 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4
Can you think of any other parts of the plot? Like how they got together, what they were doing? Were they traveling, staying in a village or at his home.

Anything you can add would help to find this.

Logged Logged
insomniac_amy
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Still looking for a certain canon-fic... 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 95
I can't remember the name of it, but I remember reading this one where Kagome wanted Sesshoumaru to teach her the Inu language and after she learned they ended up teaching the rest of the group so that they could use it as an advantage in their fight against Naraku. I also remember them locking themselves in what was called a birthing chamber in his castle because it was tradition for the father assist in the delivery of the pups.

Not sure if that is part of the fic you are searching for but if so maybe some little detail will jog someone's memory.

Logged Logged

I claimed Shippo`s mushroom in the claim game.

Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun.
Ezriee
Whelp
graphgraph
okay...so I have four possibilities for you. I can't attest to them or the quality because I haven't read them, but I do know that they mention a birthing chamber and possibly Kagome knowing the inu language...(don't hold me to that since I can't be for sure, lol)

Also, No minors, just in case these are a touch higher than M

All Fanfiction.net

I Never wanted this Author: sesshomaru's one an only
sess/kag Walking on the boardes of the wastern lands sesshomaru heard singing, going to ckeck it out sesshomaru found out that is was none other then his brothers wench singing, what happends when she is in heat and so is he...not that good at summars.rea
Rated: Fiction M - English - Romance/Drama - Kagome & Sesshomaru - Chapters: 11 - Words: 11,667 - Reviews: 135 - Favs: 96 - Follows: 101 - Updated: 03-25-09 - Published: 12-02-08 - id: 4692073

Sesshoumaru's Mate: A Valentine's Story ON HOLD Author: ElegantPaws PM
Power is always held in the smallest of things. Something a Taiyoukai would soon come to realize.Pairing Sesshoumaru & Kagome
Rated: Fiction M - English - Romance/Humor - Kagome & Sesshomaru - Chapters: 9 - Words: 23,283 - Reviews: 53 - Favs: 25 - Follows: 38 - Updated: 01-18-09 - Published: 01-16-08 - id: 4016114
(OMG I LOVE ELEGANTPAWS!!!)

The Dark Side of the Moon Author: chika1345 PM
Kagome's fed up. What happens when the voices in her head won't stop? When her moods keep swinging w/ the stages of the moon? Is there evil in this reincarnation? Sesshomaru allows Kagome 2be w/ him after she saves Rin but gets more than he bargains for
Rated: Fiction M - English - Romance - Kagome & Sesshomaru - Chapters: 28 - Words: 102,245 - Reviews: 192 - Favs: 259 - Follows: 95 - Updated: 04-04-10 - Published: 09-12-09 - Status: Complete - id: 5373182

Logged Logged
Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Still looking for a certain canon-fic... 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 11
Umm, so, the fic you're describing sounds a lot like mine...

Does the title A Restless Night's Dream sound familiar?

Logged Logged

\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don\'t matter and those that matter don\'t mind.\" - Dr. Seuss

~Aubrey Simone~
a Mysticlady
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Still looking for a certain canon-fic... 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4
Was this removed? I can't find it anywhere.

Logged Logged
Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
a Mysticlady wrote:

Oops, forgot to put that part in there...

Yeah, I took it down for a rewrite and haven't gotten around to posting it again - it's on my list of Things To Do lol!

But if you all really, really want it back up, I can start working more actively on it to get it posted - the prologue, at least, is rewritten to my satisfaction, so I could start reposting if you guys would like.

Logged Logged

\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don\'t matter and those that matter don\'t mind.\" - Dr. Seuss

~Aubrey Simone~
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
insomniac_amy wrote:
I can't remember the name of it, but I remember reading this one where Kagome wanted Sesshoumaru to teach her the Inu language and after she learned they ended up teaching the rest of the group so that they could use it as an advantage in their fight against Naraku. I also remember them locking themselves in what was called a birthing chamber in his castle because it was tradition for the father assist in the delivery of the pups.

Not sure if that is part of the fic you are searching for but if so maybe some little detail will jog someone's memory.

That's it!!!!!! At least, I'm ninety percent sure!!!!! Egads, does anybody know the name of the fic Amy is talking about?!

Logged Logged
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
Aubrey Simone wrote:
a Mysticlady wrote:

Yeah, I took it down for a rewrite and haven't gotten around to posting it again - it's on my list of Things To Do lol!

But if you all really, really want it back up, I can start working more actively on it to get it posted - the prologue, at least, is rewritten to my satisfaction, so I could start reposting if you guys would like.

I'm not sure if your story is it, but I recognize your name, and I believe I've read some of your work before, so it's possible. What makes your story similar to the one I'm on a quest to find?

Logged Logged
Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
Nariko wrote:
Aubrey Simone wrote:
a Mysticlady wrote:

I'm not sure if your story is it, but I recognize your name, and I believe I've read some of your work before, so it's possible. What makes your story similar to the one I'm on a quest to find?

It sounds exactly like it.

After Naraku was defeated (was there a long battle, with a reformed, new-hearted Kagura and Kanna on the good side?), the group moved into Sesshomaru's castle and then when Kagome gave birth, Sesshomaru was the one to help, and name the pup.

If it'll help, I'll give more details that were unique to the story (in no particular order):

- A dark miko with a youkai mate
- Kagome was called the "Pureheart" and is sent away to go learn how to control her powers
- Inuyasha meets another miko named Ai (Kagome's teacher) and falls in love with her; he also kills Kikyo
- Kagome gives Kagura a new heart

Any of that sound familiar?

Logged Logged

~Aubrey Simone~
Ezriee
Whelp
graphgraph
Aubrey Simone wrote:
Nariko wrote:
Aubrey Simone wrote:
a Mysticlady wrote:

It sounds exactly like it.

After Naraku was defeated (was there a long battle, with a reformed, new-hearted Kagura and Kanna on the good side?), the group moved into Sesshomaru's castle and then when Kagome gave birth, Sesshomaru was the one to help, and name the pup.

If it'll help, I'll give more details that were unique to the story (in no particular order):

- A dark miko with a youkai mate
- Kagome was called the "Pureheart" and is sent away to go learn how to control her powers
- Inuyasha meets another miko named Ai (Kagome's teacher) and falls in love with her; he also kills Kikyo
- Kagome gives Kagura a new heart

Any of that sound familiar?

Aubrey, I think the one you're talking about is called Destined for me by CindyGirl on ffn...that's the only one with the Pure heart Miko that I know of. In that one, Inu falls for Nasume who is Kagome's companion/personal maid. Omg Nariko, if this is the story that you were talking about, I'm gonna smack myself! I have that story archived and actually just helped someone find it not too long ago! She does give birth in the birthing chamber and speaks the inu language!

Does this sound familiar...
Then he heard her speak but to his surprise it was not in her normal speech it was in the Inu Youkai language that he uses with his brother.
Kagome was still trying to get free as she grunted, yipped, and growled, 'Pups? Where are my pups? I must find my pups. They are hurt and I must find them.'

Logged Logged
Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
Nope, Eziree, the story I'm talking about is definitely mine, titled A Restless Night's Dream. I started writing it back in 2009 and completed it in August (I believe) of 2010. I took it down a few months later to rewrite it, and, as I said, haven't gotten around to posting it again.

Nariko, did Kaede die in the story you're looking for?

Logged Logged

~Aubrey Simone~
Nariko
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Still looking for a certain canon-fic... 11 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Sorry this has taken me so long, but I just started a new job so I've been a little caught up. I'm not exactly certain if she did or didn't, I don't remember, Aubrey. And nope, that doesn't actually sound familiar Eziree, but I'll look it up and read the last couple chapters to see if that's it. Aubrey, still looking forward to that story of yours.

I'll post to let you all know if Eziree's suggestion is it. If it isn't, the search goes on!

Logged Logged
Go to top
  • Page:
  • << Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.