Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 216
For those of you that don't know...

I just watched the first movie in the Twilight series.

I'm NEVER gunna get that 114 mins of my life back. EVER.

And they didn't just SPARKLE, they TWINKLED too, noise and all.

Beyond the fact that I couldn't help myself in finally seeing what all the hoopla was about, I really, really, really wished I hadn't.

For those that might think they TOO might want to eventually find out what this series is about, before you waste any money on it, please read. For those of you that are Twihards, well no hard feelings this is just MY opinion of the movie. I haven't read the books, but I think they'd probably be MUCH better.

SPOILERS MAY BE LISTED BELOW IF YOUR ACTUALLY WANTING TO WATCH IT MIGHT WANT TO STOP NOW!!!

Overall Review:

It was just so very freaking random, and so badly acted! Thou I commend them on getting no name actors for something like this it was VERY obvious. Watching this movie was genuinely painful, I had a hard time watching it b/c it was so very bad! The plot was actually okay, I think if someone had put a little more thought into it it MIGHT have been decent, but the movie just sucked!

The "teen" angst was miserable! and the actors/characters spend internally too much time looking right at the camera for dramatic pause! I felt like it was watching someone's fanfiction become a movie. I kept thinking, OMFG this is like watching 1970's horror movies or Flash Gordon, which btw:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The antagonist of the movie was only in it for maybe .... 10 mins??? total?

Coming from the stand point of someone who has never seen, read or heard about this series other then the basic sparkly vampy stuff I felt like I was expected to know what was going on. Then the over all drama/timeline moved WAY too fast. The female lead moves into town in March, and by late May? during Prom she wants to become a vamp? Talk about melodramatic teen angst. it was kinda like Vampy Romeo and Juliet only they weren't from similar houses, and didn't want to kill eachother...Other people only wanted to kill Juliet...

So very random!!!!

Bleh as an overall...

The saddest part though? I bought the movies TTTTTT3TTTTTT (well 1 and 2 anyway)

Why?

Because my local movie place had them on sale 2 for $5, and after 5 years I felt like I MIGHT be able to watch it and look at it objectively, how wrong I was! And now I feel obligated to watch part 2 simply b/c I bought them, and cannot in good conscience waste money, even if I really wish I could. Either way, I had a sad little laugh while watching it because of how corny it seemed.

The only really amusing part? When dad meets her Vampy BF, and he just HAPPENS to be cleaning a shot gun.

-_-;; *Sigh*

It's not worth it.

PS. I SHOULD mention that I DID just watch Interview with a Vampire last night, which MIGHT have colored my ability to look at twinklytwinkly little vampy a little differently. I mean Lestat comes back from the dead twice he is a Bad.@**.Mutha.EFer, and Louis? He's a freaking Vampy VampySlayer!

Young BradPittLouis over EmoRobertPattersonEdward any day! ?

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/08/19 00:17 By sugar0o.

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 277
POOR r0opants!!!!!!!!!!!!

The vamp movies that I HAVE watched have forever spoiled me for twinkly, sparkly vamps... no offense to any Twi-lovers out there, but... REALLY?

*sigh*

Didn't read 'em, not gonna watch 'em. Got other things on my bucket list, if you know what I mean!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

DarkThief07
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2
WoW that must've been hard to bear while watching. Thou I myself like twilight I much prefer the books than the movie.
Trust me everyone, the book is waaaaayyyy better, don't condemn urself to such torment by watching the movie. I mean no offense but this is my own opinion on this topic. Yes the dad cleaning his shot gun is funny but other than that the movie was a disappointment.
I know copyrights prevent movies from following it exactly but it would've been better if it had been allowed to actually followed some of the book. Oh well some things can't always come out perfectly.

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 216
I've owned them movie 1 and 2 for like 8 months? i bought them last year sometime. I figured I'd put myself out of the misery and watch the other one tonight too, even though i have work in the morning... I figure if nothing else i can draw during it...

which i did during the first one!

For those who MIGHT be interested I've re-done or more-so made a new version of Kagome Goddess of Love. it's more current to my style and i likes it very much!

This weekend has been a bit more therapeutic time off from work. I got some banners done, did awards, arted! :3 it's been nice! even if i am torturing myself with twilight....

and oh! what a torture it is! ONWARD!

I think the next one's about wolvies! and I also couldn't help but think how easy Sesshomaru would be able to deal with the lot of these twinkles! I wonder if Kagome purified them would they light up like a disco ball? O_o

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Avalei
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Sadly I know how you feel R0o. My friend made me see the first 2 movies with her. All I can say is thank God for the popcorn, since it gave me something else to focus on. Well that and the giant cherry coke that allowed me to run out of the theater a few times. I have tried to read the books. I got the first one really cheap at a used book store. I have yet to make it through the first chapter.

Logged Logged
Lyra
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 7
I once watched the first twilight movie on fast forward with Mr. Lyra, and it was absolutely the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen - slowing it would have been unbearable.
Please realize that it was so bad I am now in the process of writing a fae vampire (who is a fae. fairy. a freaking fairy vampire) who STILL doesn't sparkle. And isn't emo. Just to save vampires because I feel they have been dishonored forever.
Listen to the might r0o. Waste not the limited minutes of your life.
Not even half as many because you watched it on fast forward.

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 91
r0o, you are a braver woman than I am. I refuse to watch or read them! But I have to say I'm sitting here dying at your gacking

Dani dun vampire, all there is to it, other than old ones where they weren't a romantic interest! (and the r0o and a couple others know why i feel this way and i won't go into it for anyone else )

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Phaedairu
Pup
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1
I swear, I go through phases where I HATE Twilight and where I actually kind of like it. I've watched Breaking Dawn Part 2 two nights in a row now...

I'm really conflicted about the series, both book and movie because I know that it could have been soooooo much better but at the same time, I really admire Meyer's courage for continuing something that so many people hate. If it were my series I would be crushed that so many people hated it, even though I worked so hard on it.

I might have a Twilight marathon just cause I'm bored as heck LOL

Logged Logged
RogueMudblood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 11
r0o - www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/twilight - Worth the $4.00 to make the movie bearable.

Logged Logged

Staunchly anti-plagiarism
Stella Mira
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 46
You actually BOUGHT the movies? Now they'll haunt your house forever! Oh, well, at least you can use them as lighting when you draw? Just mute them and put your desk under the sparkly screen. Careful not to get too close and get yourself blinded though.

Logged Logged

Avalei
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
RogueMudblood wrote:
r0o - www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/twilight - Worth the $4.00 to make the movie bearable. No one else would be able to hear over my laughing if I had this running.

Logged Logged
GreyEcho
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 27
Bahahhahahahhaah! Thank you so much for sharing that, it made my night! XD

Logged Logged

I claimed Kagura`s awesome flying feather! Everyone should have one.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 216
wtf i had this whole answer typed out waiting to hit reply and it died!

*is not typing it again*

#2: still kinda sucked, not as bad! I would still take Louis in a heart beat though...and the while sparkly vampy thing is just wrong.

It looks like they got into glitter fights and lost.

Logged Logged

On HHr Shipping
DarkThief07
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Oh lord....u watched the second.
U got guts. I couldn't put myself through that after the first.

Logged Logged
knifethrower
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 78
Funny! My husband is 77 years old, Viet Nam vet, retired Sgt. Tough old guy, right? He loves the Twilight movies! Except when I stare too hard at that warewolf kid. I

Logged Logged
LadySafire
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 5
I had the unfortunate experiance of watching three of them.... then my daughter got sick of the movies and the books. YAYYYYYYYY!!!
Bella makes me wanna throat punch her.. She is so damn annoying! I feel your pain, roo-roo..

Logged Logged
Ikaru
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 21
i own most of the movies....first three books were sooo much better...Meyer tripped at the finish line though and changed how she wrote the last book and that blew it for me....as for the movies if they didn't have Pattinson and Stewart they would have been better from the start. Supporting cast was great but the two mains they screwed up on which as a result dashed the movies. But i have seen them all...books were way better...

Logged Logged

the snow covers the world in a blanket of white, making it pure once more...

KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 56
I also gave into temptation and choose to read the books first (that i bought at a yardsale) Read the first three books in about 4 days... Then partway through the last book it became so predictable, I never did finish it. Still may wanna watch the movies at some point.... But honestly, there are fan fiction crossovers with twilight and inuyasha that I like more. And one mustn't forget that a twilight fan fiction gave us 50 shades of grey

Logged Logged

Sakura Dragon
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 12
I really feel for you, r0o. I watched the first movie after it came out because I was curious. I also read the books (borrowed them from a friend, so I didn't actually spend any money on them) and then lost all interest in the series. I can't say that I hated it, but it didn't rock my world either.

As a person that's seen not only 'Interview with the Vampire' but also 'The Queen of the Damned', I can safely say I'd pick Anne Rice's vampires (or for that matter any non-sparkly, honest-to-god ones) over Stephenie Meyer's, no questions asked.

Logged Logged

I claimed Bankotsu\'s braided hair in The Claim Game
\"A lie is more comfortable than doubt, more useful than love, more lasting than truth.\"
— Gabriel García Márquez
Rinku
Pup
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 9
My gf is obsessed with Twilight. She stole a movie cut out of Edward and Jacob from opening night at the theatres for Eclipse... and then again for the Breaking Dawn movies. It sucks when in the middle of the night I literally jump when I notice four life sized figures in the corner of our bedroom and then realize its the cut outs.

I seriously despise Kristen Stewart - an incompetent actress with the emotional range of a rock and Pattison... he always looks constipated. The only movie I somewhat enjoyed was the very last one, other than because it was the last I'd be forced to watch, but somehow Kristen squeezed out some emotion and there was an epic fight scene.

You are brave Roo. If you're going to watch any more, just skip to the breaking dawn ones.

Logged Logged
Anna V
Pup
graphgraph
The books are better but not by much, I had my husband buy them so I could read them before seeing any of the movies.
I also made my husband suffer through watching the movies with me, even conned my brother to go with me one time with the promise of food lol.

The movies disappointed me (really disappointed me) especially since all the movies had a different directer so each one had a different take on how vamps should be and don't even get me started on the wolf pack.

As a fan of the books I can honestly say that I wish I had some brain bleach for me ever watching the movies.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/08/19 08:59 By AnnaxVakarian.

~*Anna V*~
Terri
Pup
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok I will be honest I did not like the first two twightlight movies but the last two made up for them. breaking dawn part2 is like ! and I even got my son to sit and watch it all the way through.

Respectfully,

kag/sess4ever

Logged Logged
RogueMudblood
Pup
graphgraph
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 11
Avalei wrote:
RogueMudblood wrote:
r0o - www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/twilight - Worth the $4.00 to make the movie bearable. No one else would be able to hear over my laughing if I had this running.

You should see the whole thing
This link has a bit more -

As to the actors chosen, I would like to note that the actors can only do just so much with the scripts they're handed.

Logged Logged

Staunchly anti-plagiarism
RogueKittieKat
Pup
graphgraph
I was forced to sit through all the movies by my 60 year old mother. I do admit to reading the books but I have read any book I can get my hands on.

My bf and I had to see the first Twilight movie at a friend's house (my second viewing sadly) and he spent the whole movie laughing hysterically and needless to say we weren't invited over to that friend's house for awhile because the girl got upset that my guy thought that Twilight was "the best comedy ever."

I do believe I saw something that is going to be worse than Twilight. We just went and saw Kick Ass 2 last night and during the previews we saw one for a Vampire Academy based on some best selling book series for Twilight fans and I about threw up until the it was immediately followed by a Thor trailer (yum Loki).

(if you dare)

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/08/19 09:46 By roguekittiekat. Reason: fix link
phishbon3s
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:WHYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! TT3TT 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 31
RogueMudblood wrote:
Avalei wrote:
RogueMudblood wrote:

You should see the whole thing
This link has a bit more -

As to the actors chosen, I would like to note that the actors can only do just so much with the scripts they're handed.

The rifftrax of it is soooo wonderful I cannot stop laughing whenever my older sis or sis-in-law talk about the movie (they never seen the rifftrax). the yakkity sax during the running scene, the "improved" piano song, LINE!!!!! and many more.

I kinda got in trouble when I was *cough*forced*cough* to watch it with the sis and sis-in -law. I had watched the riff of it so many times that I know it by heart now and I started laughing at most of the movie. which is perfect cause now I'm not allowed to watch it with them (the beauty is telling a 32 year old you are not allowed to do something).

Heck the first time I ever seen it was at a neighbors house who played the riff of it and we made so many inappropriate comments that now the neighbor wife and I are banned from watching movies with her hubby again! ahahahahhahahaha

Life is good!

other good riffs are daredevil, predator, the room and freakin batman and robin!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2013/08/19 11:13 By phishbon3s.

When he heard a sound which was bitter sound and a sweet sound all at once, which began like hello and ended like goodbye. ~ The Storyteller

“And then, Dave made an improvised megaphone by using a squirrel, some strings and a megaphone.”
- The Narrator from Dave the Barbarian

Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.