Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
FF.N Mass Story Deletion!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: FF.N Mass Story Deletion!
Suki~B
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I am 22 ^.^ So, bums are covered. I will look into it, but the stories are rather long before this steamy scene. I may have a wrong impression of the site, but I would feel like I was falsely advertising, but it is a good option. Also, I have never Wonderful World of Makebelieve! I will have to check it out. I really appreciate the help. It was nice to see I am not the only one concerned.
Thanks so much
~Suki B

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Lady of Jupiter
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 29
A new Fan Fic site just launched, like FF.net. They seem to have numerous catagories in order for authors to post all types of fics. They are saying that all rating are welcome, and that they will not delete any story without a lot of notice. Be prepared the layout and stuff seems to be changing frequently while they get everything set up and organized. The site is www.yourfanfiction.com.

Logged Logged
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 91
there is also Archive of Our Own You will either need to sign up for an invite or get someone that has an account there to shoot you one. I don't post there but I do know many that like it.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
Suki~B
Pup
graphgraph
I have an account to archive of our own, but I got it this winter when the site was still picking up speed. I could look into that again, but there were only a few authors under Inuyasha, so I was a little afraid of getting plagiarized or simply never being seen.

Logged Logged
henandchicks
Pup
graphgraph
Wonderfully said, Jenineji!

Logged Logged
Lady of Jupiter
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 29
I just asked for an invite to Archive of Our Own, and I am number 10771 on the list. They said I should have an invite by September 17, 2012, that's a long wait. If anyone is a menber please invite me. Please and Thank You!

Never mind, I've been invited already. YAY!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/06/01 23:39 By ladyofjupiter.
Aubrey Simone
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 11
Well, as sad as I would be to have my things deleted, I'm fully able to admit that most of my fics shouldn't be on FF.Net anyway, so if they're deleted (though I'll likely remove them myself), I'm not going to waste time being upset about it. Rules are, after all, there for a reason, and if the admins over there are going to start doing their jobs, then so be it.

There are always other places I can move my fics, and despite the fact that FF.Net is most definitely the largest place I've seen that holds a whole plethora of fandoms, I'm sure I can find somewhere else to post that grants me access to the IY and HP fandoms (since those are really the only two that I lurk in anyway.)

I suppose this whole thing is just as big as you want to make it, and I'm not about to let it be huge for me. *shrug*

Logged Logged

\"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don\'t matter and those that matter don\'t mind.\" - Dr. Seuss

~Aubrey Simone~
Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
to add an update. This showed up on the front page of ff.net today...
News:
June 4th 2012 -- Notices:

Please note we would like to clarify the content policy we have in place since 2002. FanFiction.Net follows the Fiction Rating system ranging from Fiction K to Fiction M. Although Fiction Ratings goes up to Fiction MA, FanFiction.Net since 2002 has not allowed Fiction MA rated content which can contain adult/explicit content on the site. FanFiction.Net only accepts content in the Fiction K through Fiction M range. Fiction M can contain adult language, themes and suggestions. Detailed descriptions of physical interaction of sexual or violent nature is considered Fiction MA and has not been allowed on the site since 2002.

Logged Logged

Fun fact: All writers are crazy, to some degree. There is a reason for it -- actually making it through a novel almost requires it. If you love to read, then you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re continually benefitting from other people\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s craziness.-From Cracked
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 277
Danyealle-sama wrote:
to add an update. This showed up on the front page of ff.net today...
News:
June 4th 2012 -- Notices:

Please note we would like to clarify the content policy we have in place since 2002. FanFiction.Net follows the Fiction Rating system ranging from Fiction K to Fiction M. Although Fiction Ratings goes up to Fiction MA, FanFiction.Net since 2002 has not allowed Fiction MA rated content which can contain adult/explicit content on the site. FanFiction.Net only accepts content in the Fiction K through Fiction M range. Fiction M can contain adult language, themes and suggestions. Detailed descriptions of physical interaction of sexual or violent nature is considered Fiction MA and has not been allowed on the site since 2002.

LOLZ!!

Yeah, right... 2002, huh? *snerk*

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

Danyealle-sama
Supporter
graphgraph
LOL yeah, they never policed the darned thing but it appears they are now. That purge in '02 is how AFF came into being. But, with them, ... yeah

Logged Logged

nolongeractive
Pup
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I have 120 stories on there... is there any way to back them all up at once?

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 277
Miss Selah wrote:
I have 120 stories on there... is there any way to back them all up at once?

I don't know of a way to back them all up at once, but I think the problem at FFN is more to do with the M rated fics that stray into MA territory. Looking over your archive on that site, you have actually very few of those. It might be a better idea to concentrate on backing up the 'iffy' ones rather than worrying about your entire list.

Just a suggestion!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

MoonlightD
Pup
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
Im not amused, at all

Logged Logged

_I Read To Escape Reality_
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 56
Does anyone else get the feeling they are trying to put the genie back into the bottle? There's been explicit stuff on that site since 2002. I didn't know I was reading the bannable stuff.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
I've known practically since I joined that the MA stuff wasn't kosher. Then again, I scanned the ToS when I joined. That's where a LOT of people run into problems, on this site as well. No one takes the time to read the ToS or the posting rules, thus they think that, because they didn't get a slap on the wrist, everything's okay.

At least here, we give you warnings. There, you have none.

Then again, we're smaller, not as visible, and police our site far more rigorously than they ever have in all the time I've been a member over there. I know people have been upset at the tightening of the ratings here, but I'd venture a guess that they will be two or three times more upset to have their work disappear without a trace, as it's doing over there.

They can, though, and will continue with the purge, all the petitions notwithstanding. The ToS has been in place and they are well within their rights to enforce it. Again, I can't emphasize enough the need to back up your stories and favorites on ff.net - before they disappear forever.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

MissKatt
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 32
I do hope I am not over -stepping my boundaries by doing this, but there is a petition going around for FFnet authors to sign regarding the mass deletion.

www.change.org/petitions/fanfiction-net-stop-the-destruction-of-fanfiction-net

I personally believe that instead of having a mass deletion spree, that perhaps they should offer a MA option for their authors?

-MissKatt

EDIT: Ohh, Wiccan, I'm sorry, I just saw your post about the petition's notwithstanding ^^;;

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/06/06 23:25 By MissKatt.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
MissKatt wrote:

EDIT: Ohh, Wiccan, I'm sorry, I just saw your post about the petition's notwithstanding ^^;;

No problem... I was expressing my opinion as a site admin, frankly. I know the mindset - "we have a ToS, we have rules, and they should be followed." Not that I feel that the petitions are a bad idea, but I want people to be realistic about their chances of success.

Then again, the world changes on a daily basis - it COULD happen!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 38
To be honest - they aren't touching the "T" or lower rated stories; They are going through the stories that have been reported and then down the list of "M" rated stories to my understanding. I honestly have all MA rated stuff on this site - none of my other stories are Sess x Kag and they are all mostly chapter stories so they haven't reached any lemony scenes. In addition to backing up stories I honestly think I'm going to remove the lemons from the ones that do have them.

I don't want to cause myself unnecessary grief and get something deleted because I decided to be unmoving. A lot of authors are just going with the whole 'if it happens - it happens' approach and are picthing a fit when it does happen. Plus - MA content [and normally it's a lemon] doesn't make the story [unless it's pure smut >->].

EDIT:: On that note - there is another petition that writters are putting in their stories. It's a full chapter and just petition content - don't do it. Go with the one that MissKatt put; if you care about your stories - just don't do it. Remember - they are deleting stories that have a chapter with no story content.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2012/06/07 09:28 By Kagome Yuki Niwa.

DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 66
There's always Dokuga (Sess/Kag), AFF, Mediaminer (for non-Sess/Kag) and a couple of other sites that focus on certain other pairings *shrugs*. It's why I quit posting M-rated fics on FF.net. I don't want to take any chances with them. As for the petition, anything could happen as far as FF.net is concerned. That's just my opinion.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Kagome Yuki Niwa
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 38
And I understand that there other avenues for posting but who really wants to have their stories scattered all over the place or relocate to another site? It's more of a comfort issue on my part. I like FF.Net - I've grown comfy with it. I have my Sess x Kag here on Dokuga - my Inu x Kag on Eternal Destiny - and my Inu crossovers are all on fanfiction.net. It's all just a hassel. I'm all over unhappy - I've put way too much work into my stories to have them tossed.

Logged Logged

Knight of Disorder
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 76
I have an account on there, the thing is, I never got around to writing any of the side stories that are focused on anyone other then Sess/Kag. So the account never got used, considering the fact that most of my stories depict graphic violence of some sort I suppose it's a good thing I never got to it. Oh well, I'll think of something eventually.

Logged Logged

My Motto:
Honor mea arma est, timor mea stultitia est.
Respect is my Weapon, Fear is my Folly.

My Belief:
If you can, do. If you can't, try.
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 216
1st i want to say that I'm not trying to fan the fire, even though i'm a BIG fan of fire, but i haven't put my 2 cents on the subject, mostly b/c I'm rather passive aggressive about it. Long story short, it sucks, save the fictions you really love just in case FFN has a cow and deletes them.

EITHER WAY, the reason i am finally saying something other then grumbling about false chapter updates on FFN which is really just a petition that wont really do anything unless you have a full list btw, and not a new list every time someone sends it out in a false chapter update... seriously, one place, not like 1000.

Anyway, so with all this finally adhering to the rules they made a decade ago-ness, I'm actually really amused to say i've gotten more reviews on FFN then i have in like 6 months combined. I'm assuming b/c i'm getting them people think my works are going to be yanked...

*is HIGHLY amused by that**

Even if they did, most of it's all on dokuga, and lets jsut face it, I'm never going to stop.

i heard the whole thing was started by some parent, again, that got upset cause their kid was reading pr0n on FFN, and i hafta say, While i might be upset as that parent, the fact that the kid is READING it when pr0n is all over the interwebs says that at least they are trying to learn and expand their mind, or that at least to some degree the parent blocks on their interwebs work for pr0n sites.

Either way, I just wanted to share that I'm amused by this small personal development, and that i'm really not fond of all you folks getting me excited about chapter updates only to have it be a petician. Again, seriously i get it, it sucks, but one place... not 100's or 1000's of different chapter updates. I've had like 50 of them. *sighs*

I dont think in the end FFN will care, they havent cared for a decade, i dont think they'll suddenly start, but hey, to all you trying to make it work, your awesome. I'm going to set back and be lazy, repost all my smut back if they get me... >:3

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
KEdakumi
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 56
sugar0o wrote:
i heard the whole thing was started by some parent, again, that got upset cause their kid was reading pr0n on FFN, and i hafta say, While i might be upset as that parent, the fact that the kid is READING it when pr0n is all over the interwebs says that at least they are trying to learn and expand their mind, or that at least to some degree the parent blocks on their interwebs work for pr0n sites.I see what you are saying. I know my teen has read his share of 'inappropriate' stories (and probably several videos), but I'm not blaming the site's creators. That's like blaming the sun if you get sunburnt.... that's just silly. He and I have had some interesting discussions over reading things that are not appropriate. I basically said if it was something he couldn't show his Grandma without feeling embarrassed or ashamed, he shouldn't be reading it... that was when he was younger. Some parents don't want to see that their 'innocent' babies are neither innocent nor babies, so they find someone else to blame.

Either way, I just wanted to share that I'm amused by this small personal development, and that i'm really not fond of all you folks getting me excited about chapter updates only to have it be a petician. Again, seriously i get it, it sucks, but one place... not 100's or 1000's of different chapter updates. I've had like 50 of them. *sighs*

I dont think in the end FFN will care, they havent cared for a decade, i dont think they'll suddenly start, but hey, to all you trying to make it work, your awesome.
I know what you mean.... I was happy to see so many of my favorite stories, mostly crossovers, updating, just to see that petition. Made me pout.

Logged Logged

Paradise_Kiss
Pup
graphgraph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2
i heard the whole thing was started by some parent, again, that got upset cause their kid was reading pr0n on FFN, and i hafta say, While i might be upset as that parent, the fact that the kid is READING it when pr0n is all over the interwebs says that at least they are trying to learn and expand their mind, or that at least to some degree the parent blocks on their interwebs work for pr0n sites

I totally agree with you ;> And in my opinion this whole "purge" won't really change anything. Sure, kid won't read inappropriate things on FF.net but let's not forget that there's also adultff.net.
And let's not forget that YIM's can just ignore the warnings and read whatever they want. But then mommy would have to be upset with her child and not with bad, ugly website :<

Logged Logged
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
Re:FF.N Mass Story Deletion! 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 216
it's taken them a decade to "crack down" once, i'm sure after this version of the Salem witch hunt it'll be another few years before they are once again cracking down. I think that's one of the reasons i'm so indifferent to it all, and passive aggressive, unless you've been on FFN since before 2002, then when you signed up, part of the Rules/TOS info was that you did not submit fics that were above M rating. As they said, this isn't a new rule, so i can't help but think people are a bit over reacting. I know it sucks but if you knowly break the rule (which i do in like every fic i have there but 1, which means 15 out of 16 fics listed there) then i can't really be mad at them for enforcing their rules.

We enforce our rules. (usually within hours of the rule breaking happening in fact I have over 700 emails to prove it.)

In addition i heard they are scanning titles and summaries, If your really that worried your fics will be picked as MA (knowing that they are) then update your titles and summaries to take out things like " Lemon, porn, MA, Mature..." things that will set their lil radar thingie off.

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.