Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Plagiarism Alert!!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom Favoured: 2
TOPIC: Plagiarism Alert!!
sugar0o who lurks
Destroyer of Boxes
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 216
Creature of Shadow wrote:
Most of it was talking to you r0o! Don't blame me for YOUR specialness >_>

Logged Logged

We all have our demons, I named mine r0o.
On HHr Shipping
- Come to the DarkSide - We might be delusional but we have cookies. - apAidan
I claims Naraku`s pelt :3 KUKUKU!!
r0o`s Challenge`s: GenderBender~Always Open.....Completing your Holiday Fic Challenge.....GM Challenge: OPEN!.....
Banners: I write to........Lemon.....Bribery c0okie.....
Challenges r0o supports: .....
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Rurouni Jasmine
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Reported and a nice review (promise, no flames!) stating that it needed to be removed. ^^

Logged Logged
Creature of Shadow
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 18
Lol, I'm not. You just made me extra speshul.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/02/15 17:48 By creature of shadow.

Made by the wonderful r0o

made by the fabulous Fox
MoonlightSerenade
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
Reported!

Logged Logged
laenfante
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 11
Abuse reported. This is sad.

Logged Logged
cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 55
reported.

karmas for whisper for support?

Logged Logged

jaimesesshy
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 7
Reported.

This is so sad. I feel so sorry that this person felt they should do such a thing.

Logged Logged

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.
Angel
Supporter
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 9
Repeated I'm so sorry Whisper that this has happened again.

Logged Logged
War
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
I reported it, and let her know I reported her too. As many reports as there is hopefully ff.net will take her down soon. We are all here for you Whisper.

~Offers luvz and Chocolates~

=#=War=#=

Logged Logged

~*~

I CLAIM \"SESSHOMARU\'S TOXIC SPRAY\" IN THE CLAIM GAME!

~*~
Broken am I, be as it may.
I see not the blood that flows in depth with my own.
I will defeat you with all the demons I call.
Darkness will reign and you will fall.
Quiet Whisper
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 13
YUS!!!!!! THE STORY IS GONE!!!! SHE FINALLY TOOK IT DOWN!!! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO AIDED ME IN REPORTING THIS!!!! I'M SO RELIEVED!!!! <333333333333

Logged Logged

Lexiel Belladonna
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I've probably got the worst luck here!!!

I was in the middle of reading the story, full aware that it was plagiarized (A very horrible act), and they take it off the site before I get past chapter 20 ;o; My heart is broken and I'm going into withdrawl XD. I so baddly want to finish reading it but I don't think it's posted anywhere else ::sniffles::. ;o;

I'm sorry that happened to you Quiet, because you are a very talented author...

::craves more ;o; ::

Logged Logged
Lexiel Belladonna
Pup
graphgraph
If there is a legal posting of the same story somewhere I would love to get my hands on it, tonight if possible.... I haven't read this good a fan fic in a long time ;o;

Logged Logged
Lexiel Belladonna
Pup
graphgraph
::sniffles:: No one's out there huh?

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 156
I understood that Quiet Whisper pulled that story down because she was never going to finish it.

Thus, there is no "legal posting" of the story anywhere, as far as I know. I'm sorry.

Logged Logged
Lexiel Belladonna
Pup
graphgraph
With that many chapters it seems such a waste of artistry to just remove it forever... I don't believe though that just to have the story exist that someone should commit plagiarism. Boo on them for trying...

I don't regret coming across it, plagiarized as it may have been...

But even in posting an incomplete work...wouldn't that give inspiration to the creative world to write multiple endings for a beloved story such as that?

I don't mean to press but, in a way I do, because I've been robbed of an experience that I was truly looking forward to (even if in the end an incomplete one) and all because I was a year too late.

This makes me want to cry...

Eh... It's her work and she can do with it as she pleases, but I'm saddened that I'll never be able to experience such a wonderful tale...

Logged Logged
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -666
I'm sorry that you feel cheated, but you're not the victim here. Whisper is. I think it's rather selfish of you to say otherwise. I know that you're in no way supporting plagiarism, but what you're expressing isn't exactly condemning it, and you're also not being very polite to the author who wrote this work that you're now lamenting the loss of.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Lexiel Belladonna
Pup
graphgraph
To some degree I am a victim though. Not the main one assuredly and to be quite honest with time things will heal and there's plenty more wonderful stories to read out there on the net to occupy my time. I just had a bad experience where plagiarism ended up being the tool of a very sour morning. I do respect the author and I'm sad that someone tried to steal her work word for word and claim it as their own ingenuity. It was a stupid thing for them to do.

If anything I would hope my words would inspire authors everywhere to leave incomplete works up for those to enjoy. So what if it's never finished (if that was the case for her taking it down, because I have done some snooping on Fan fiction and I know that for Quiet's example it was not her only reason. Rating issues and Adult content being available to minors being some of the others.) An incomplete piece can still be cherished. Even pieces of works by great and famous artists are displayed and enjoyed by all over the world of today. For instance the Winged Victory is incomplete (or at least it was complete at some time and has deteriorated since then) but it's still one of the more heavily viewed pieces in the Louvre.

Bottom line: I loved your work Quiet, and I just wish I could have enjoyed it a little longer then I had. <3 I will look into your other stories you do have posted when I have more time to invest (college likes to eat time XD <3) I just really got into "Living Through Time"

But if anything, there are a couple of good things that have come of all this... The stolen story is now back in the hands of the rightful owner and if this hadn't happened I wouldn't have found such an awesome community devoted to Sess/Kag pairings!

No disrespect to anyone! <3
-Lexiel

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2011/02/16 07:45 By Lexiel Belladonna.
ladybattousai
Beat Cop
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -666
Nope, you're still not a victim. Not even a little bit. Just like writers are not owed reviews, you as a reader are not owed a story. A writer can do whatever they like with their story, even remove it, and it's not your place to even complain about it. But I do hope that you find some other stories on this site to satisfy you.

Logged Logged

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.
Sarasama1
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 10
I don't completely agree with what you're saying although I respect it quite a bit. As a reader, when you start reading a story that has been recommended, you become involved with it and have a commitment to seeing its end. It's also an emotional investment on the part of the reader. The majority of writers who post fanfics realize that and update their stories and complete them barring real life getting in their way. The relationship between writer and reader is a two-way street. Without readers there wouldn't be writers and vice versa.

As a reader, she is not a victim of the person that plagiarized Quiet Whisper's story. However, she is entitled to be sad about Whisper's not finishing it because it really was a superlative story that should be completed. I've read it and am also sad that Whisper won't be completing it. I would've had the same reaction if one of your stories was left incomplete because I've read and re-read them all.

Logged Logged
Freya Ishtar
Daiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 39
At no point did Lady B say that Lexiel isn't entitled to be sad about losing out on reading the story, only that she's not a victim. And it's also not right to state, in not so many words, that authors are obligated to complete their stories. I'm not saying the authors should begin a fic that they have no intention of seeing through, but sometimes you simply get to a point in writing and realize you've written yourself into a corner and are simply not able to complete that story. We're writing because we love and enjoy the craft of it, and for some of us it's a means to honing said craft and becoming a better writer and we're sharing these stories because we hope others can get enjoyment from them, as well. Unfortunately, though, in taking that journey with the author, you're seeing the story as it is being created and sometimes that journey does stop short.

When we take stories down there's usually a good reason for it, and though it may not seem as such, sometimes the readers are a part of that reason. At least for me, when I take down a story that's been sitting up forever, it's because by leaving it up you're giving the story's fans hope that it's going to be completed and that doesn't really feel fair. True that it doesn't often feel fair to take the story down, either, but then it comes down to deciding which is the lesser of two evils.

What an author does with their story is entirely up to them, even if their decision does sadden those that come to love their stories. And perhaps that does seem like a harsh bottom line, but it is the truth.

I would like to respectfully ask that the moderators close this thread. I'm not trying to overstep my bounds- and I do, sincerely apologize if it comes across that way- but the matter the thread was started to deal with is resolved and now it's becoming a conversation that treads close to ruffling feathers of site members.

Logged Logged
Rowdys girl
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 12
Whisper, nobody messes with MY kids and walks!

Logged Logged

This is starting to make sense... time to up my medication.

I live in my own little world, but it\\\'s okay, they know me here.

Even if the voices are not real - they have some pretty good ideas!

I don\\\'t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Until further notice, celebrate everything!
Naomi
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 12
>.< I feel the anger here....let's all play nice?

It's good everyone supports you Whisper ^^ Thank goodness the plagiarism is taken care of.

Happy Dokuga-ing everyone!

Logged Logged

SesshysRose
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 11
I'm happy for ya Whisper! So glad we could all help with keeping your work yours!

I've never written a story with the intention to stop writing it, but as Freya said, RL happens and so does walking a story into the ground lol

If I'm not gonna finish a story, I don't want to give readers false hope by keeping it on the internet and an unfinished story, to me is not something I want people to see...some keep their unfinished works up, others take them down...it's all up to the writer.

That's all I can nicely say on the subject

The important thing is that Whispers work is no longer posed as anothers! Three cheers for teamwork!!!!!

Logged Logged

Banner made by the amazing r0o!!!
Dokugasona by JeniNeji
Quiet Whisper
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 13
Okay this is an announcement that I've posted on my FFN Account and I wanted to share with all of you.

2/16/2011 ANNOUNCEMENT!!!: Thanks to the hard work of many people, Dianna Cullen has removed the stolen version of Living Through Time. I can't even begin to express how incredibly grateful I am at everyone's tremendous show of support. Now I know many people wish to see the story re-posted, and I am considering it myself as a way of showing thanks to you. But you NEED to understand that IF I do decide to re-post it, the story will remain as is, which means it will NOT BE FINISHED. I have every intention of revising and pretty much re-writing it, but that will not be for some time as I would very much like to finish DNM before I even think of tackling another huge project. I'm sorry if this isn't what you were hoping for but this is how it's gotta be for me. Living Through Time was the first story I ever posted anywhere and for anyone to read. It was my first baby so to speak and I not only failed the story, but my readers as well in not being able to complete it. I apologize for that, but with a lot of authors, sometimes you just run out of steam on things or they start to take a different form that no longer fits into it's original words.

Once again THANK YOU AND MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME IN GETTING THE THEFT REMOVED!!! I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!!!!!!!

Logged Logged

War
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Plagiarism Alert!! 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 2
I'm glad your story was taken from her. I hope this never happens again.

=#=War=#=

Logged Logged

~*~

I CLAIM \"SESSHOMARU\'S TOXIC SPRAY\" IN THE CLAIM GAME!

~*~
Broken am I, be as it may.
I see not the blood that flows in depth with my own.
I will defeat you with all the demons I call.
Darkness will reign and you will fall.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.