Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Pixiv account
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Pixiv account
Jackie
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Pixiv account 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
Hello, does anybody have a pixiv account? I'm wanting to create an account myself and want to know if its worth it.

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Pixiv account 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 156
Well I suppose that depends on what you would expect from the account?

I can't draw to save my life so I can't really speak for posting anything on pixiv.

Some features you have with an account are bookmarks and following an artist (so that their activity will show on your feed).

There are definitely some fanart gems hiding in pixiv (such as this for example). Though I do not think it is an ideal site to look for SessKag if that is particularly what interests you. Unfortunately this pairing doesn't have much of a fanbase in Japan.

Logged Logged
Jackie
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Pixiv account 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 6
I have another question to ask you. Is your information safe on Pixiv?

Logged Logged
Chie
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Pixiv account 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 156
I don't work there and I'm not a computer scientist or anything so I can't really answer that, but personally I don't see why my information would be any less safe there than it is on other websites. Besides the only information they really have is my e-mail address.

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:Pixiv account 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 57
You probably should read Pixiv's terms of conditions, and terms of use.

I have glanced over them.

They give the site users various rights and such, including to their personal information.

I would be wary though, since the site originates in Japan, so most of the stuff on there is going to be in their written language, which unless you can read it makes the site somewhat inaccessible.

The privacy and terms of use policies are in english, but fairly short and simple, in comparison to similar policies on US and UK sites, which are very detailed. Just check out Amazon's or Ebay's.

Also Chie's right, they're not going to ask for an address or phone number, like if you were registering a new yahoo account. Which is fairly invasive I think. Pixiv only requires a username, to establish your account, and a password to secure it, plus a valid email address for registration.

Fairly simple.

If you want to register, google online their registration process. Someone has likely done a tutorial for it.

Also, you can get a similar account on Deviant, although I would warn against using Lothlorien, it's another art website like Dev, but encourages a user to disclose their real name when registering.

That's a huge gamble.

Just be careful.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged
DemonQueen17
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Pixiv account 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 66
When it comes to Pixiv, I would suggest that you use the browser's translator since it is in Japanese. I have one, but it's only for viewing other people's fanart (though some of it can very disturbing if you click on the R-18 option). Definitely use the browser's translator for sure.

Logged Logged

Everyone has their addictions. Mine are fanfiction, Sesshomaru and KARMA!!!!!!!!!!

Bakusaiga is mine via the Claiming Game thread.
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.