Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Alert all artists!
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Alert all artists!
CookieAsylum
Whelp
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 4
Ugh, whoever they are, they reposted stuff from my doujin WIP and the centaur AU. Honestly, it's stuff like this that makes me not want to publish the doujin digitally.

I don't use FB, but if there's a way to ask them to at least link back to the original, that would be nice...

Be better if they didn't repost at all, but at the very least give credit to the artist.

Logged Logged

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Elvis
Pup
graphgraph
I've filed a report on that page to Facebook. Hopefully, they'll take care of the rest.

Here's the part worth repeating from that report:

Why are you reporting this content? : Other
Please clarify why you are reporting this content. : These works are fair use derivative works created by me, protected by copyright under Section 103 in the US Copyright Law (Title 17), and have been reposted on this page without my permission.
The moderator and members of this page/group have expressed their explicit intent to continue reposting my and other content creators' works without permission/license, despite numerous requests to cease.
I am only one of several creators in similar positions whose rights are being violated in this way.

Logged Logged

But why is it that I, a simple piece of cheese
Elvis
Pup
graphgraph
Feel free to use this as a template if you want to file your own report, btw. Facebook's online form can be found through the help center, kind of. It's the copyright infringement one.

Logged Logged

Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 41
More delusional group members are questioning why the artists are upset because they should be flattered. You can tell these fools know nothing about art.

Logged Logged
Elvis
Pup
graphgraph
Elvis wrote:
I've filed a report on that page to Facebook. Hopefully, they'll take care of the rest.

Here's the part worth repeating from that report:

Why are you reporting this content? : Other
Please clarify why you are reporting this content. : These works are fair use derivative works created by me, protected by copyright under Section 103 in the US Copyright Law (Title 17), and have been reposted on this page without my permission.
The moderator and members of this page/group have expressed their explicit intent to continue reposting my and other content creators' works without permission/license, despite numerous requests to cease.
I am only one of several creators in similar positions whose rights are being violated in this way.

Here's some resources if you wanna file a report of your own:

Facebook Copyright Infringement form is located here: www.facebook.com/help/231463960277847

The actual part of copyright law about the rights of derivative works is in Section 103 of Title 17, Copyright Law. Find it here:
www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#103

Keeling VS Hans, a case that affirmed the copyrights of derivative works which were made under fair use. Find the summary and case files here:
law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/ca2/13-694/13-694-2015-10-30.html

Hope this helps, now and in the future!

Logged Logged

Avalei
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
I read a translation of what was posted about the fan art and it pretty much summed up in it's FANART so it's not real because it isn't by the original owner/creator of the characters.

Logged Logged
Elvis
Pup
graphgraph
And boy are they in for a rude awakening lmaoo

Logged Logged

Itsumademo
Pup
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 8
i took the time to scroll through all that art and found not only so so many i recognized, but i even found a few of my own. something like this has never happened to me before, and i never even fathomed would happen to me, so i am still feeling more flabbergasted than upset. i'm more upset about the other artists than myself right now, even.

or actually, what's almost more upsetting and annoying is the constant denial of these people that what they are doing is wrong. just crediting the artist isn't hard at all, and if you don't feel you can take the time to do at least that then don't even bother with posting the art in the first place. especially since it's so clear that many of them are taken directly from the same sources not long after being initially posted by the artist. and if you are taking freshly posted art, then the artist is obviously around to be contacted, and if they don't get back to you then it's just the same as a no, so don't post. i myself way back in the day made wallpapers and occasionally used fanart, but i always contacted the artist and got permission, and if someone i contacted never responded i just gave up on doing that piece. in fact one such wallpaper was one that was stolen by this group (and the 'descript' for it is so weird and nonsensical, it reads more like an ad and seems to make no more sense in spanish than in english; which just makes you feel worse).

i'm in the process of finally getting a lot of my backed up art scanned in that i never got to, and i also want to get back to drawing/posting more as well, but now i worry that once i do get them up i'll find them on that page the next day. i don't want that to hinder my desire to share with other sesskag fans (personally, i have no intention of letting them stop me from doing what i want with my works, but still). and these people don't feel like fans either, they're just content sponges, wantwantwant and it doesn't matter what or who or how, just so long as there is content to take. it's like...gluttonous people who like, say, pizza. they don't care what it looks or tastes like, so long as it's pizza they'll eat it and keep eating it because they can. the 'pizza' doesn't really matter to them, they just want to eat.

these people who say we should be flattered have obviously never spent hours upon hours upon hours on a single piece of work. have never experienced the disheartening pain of not getting the response you hoped for, or the joyous surprise of getting much more than you expected. it means more to get feedback on that piece even if it was only one comment from a truly thankful and interested fan, than to find your stuff stolen and be told you should be flattered it was taken. being told 'you should be flattered' feels like a slap to the face, not a compliment. it's the sort of despicable thing rapists tell their victims they don't think are 'attractive' to feel. it's not flattering to be disrespected, regardless of the circumstances.

Logged Logged
Nile
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
I've submitted a report on behalf of Sandra Chiem and also myself, since I saw a lot of YY's work stolen and reposted. I saw one of my pieces in the mix too.

Logged Logged
mythicamagic
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 21
Apparently they're shutting the page down, guys. Painting themselves as the victims until the end of course

Logged Logged
Elvis
Pup
graphgraph
Smells like victory.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 277
I'll believe it when I see it. She's probably working her little fingers to the bone copying everything she's posted so she can start over with a new page.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

mythicamagic
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 21
WiccanMethuselah wrote:
I'll believe it when I see it. She's probably working her little fingers to the bone copying everything she's posted so she can start over with a new page.

~~Wiccan~~

Yeah that's what I'm worried about too. It's also possible she's lying to get sympathy or throw us off from checking the page.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
mythicamagic wrote:

Yeah that's what I'm worried about too. It's also possible she's lying to get sympathy or throw us off from checking the page.

Well, I am going to keep checking on this one... and commenting. If she wants to report me for harassment, she's welcome to - at which time, I use her art theft and screencapping our forum as my reason for posting on her page.

One way or another, little chiquita will get tired of me hounding her and I will have the opportunity to have my say without having stolen art work on her page. Freakin' FB. If it weren't for family & far-flung friends, I would NOT still have an account there.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"

Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Oof. You said it! I've said a few things to a few of those disrespectful know-nothings in that page, but I've tried to hold my anger back so as not to lose my account. I've always kept my Facebook and art world separate for privacy, but I couldn't let this slide.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Oh, PEACHY!

There appears to be another page, created in October, on which I've found Youkai Yume's art and that of a few others in the short time I scrolled through some of it.

I am NOT happy with this crap. It needs to stop!! Then again, it's Facebook and they exist to cater to those who like to break the law.

https://www.facebook.com/Sesshome-love-forever-101373681293743/

Check it out - you might be able to nip this one in the bud since there aren't too many images there yet.

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Uuuuuuunnnnghhhh my blood pressure can't take this...

Logged Logged
Elvis
Pup
graphgraph
Looks like they use the same logo as the other page. *sigh* I'll have to look into this later. For now, if you find your art there, I'd suggest just shooting them a quick message asking them to please credit and link the pictures. Hopefully, they're cool about it and not asshats like the other page.

Logged Logged

WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Avi wrote:
Uuuuuuunnnnghhhh my blood pressure can't take this...

Trust me, mine isn't happy right now either. No, it's not my artwork that's being plastered all over places I don't want it. Still some of these images were posted here on Dokuga and, if Facebook pages are stealing art from here, we might just have to take the whole site private. That would upset me unutterably... in fact, I'm not even sure it can be done, but I know that Mitharus would do his best.

If that's what it takes to protect our artists and authors (yes, I found a short one-shot copied in Spanish over there), I'll take the time to investigate it. People post here to share with like-minded souls. I'm not sure why our little chica couldn't just share a link to Dokuga instead of stealing the images, but she's 'special' like that, I guess.

As I said before, I will continue to check the first page, and now the second as well. And I will continue to make a pest of myself until they get tired of it.

~~me~~

Logged Logged

Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Oh absolutely! My art has remained safe, but I'm severely offended because it's like stealing from my family. You just don't do that!

It's a good safety measure, but it won't protect artists who still post to other media like Tumblr, DeviantArt, and Twitter. Honestly, her claims of finding the art already reposted makes me wonder if what she was really seeing was the same artist posting their own art on varying media.

My big peeve, though, is that I saw her clearly mention Dokuga as if she was fully aware of the site. I'm certain she was pulling straight from here without talking to anyone.

Logged Logged
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
There is no doubt in my mind that she's yanked art from Dokuga, especially since she took a screencap of Itsumademo's post and posted that on FB. That's why I made another post telling her that she shouldn't take any more screencaps of our site.

And I totally agree with you, Avi, this is FAMILY. I've been part of the Sess/Kag community since 2004 and part of this site since its beginning in 2008. This little girl is pushing the envelope as far as ripping off the Sess/Kag community. We can get pretty relentless protecting our own!

~~me~~

Logged Logged

Avi
Pup
graphgraph
Es Sesshome has been deleted! Still be on alert! As mentioned before, they could be waiting for us to let our guard down and reactive or start a new group. But for now, we've successfully protected this community from one group. Hopefully that other smaller one will be more reasonable.

Logged Logged
marianne
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I copied some of the manga and anime pics but I'm not all that good at drawing and I'm very bad with the sketchbook. sorry

Logged Logged
Nile
Pup
graphgraph
Re:Alert all artists! 4 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 3
Rather than reach out to them, just report it. Enough people reporting the same thing, does get Facebook's attention. They're not worth talking to, as they are beyond reasoning.

Logged Logged
Avi
Pup
graphgraph
By Facebook's regulations, you can only report intellectual propery if it belongs to you. They will consider it a false claim, otherwise. So unfortunately, I am unable to report them. My only choice, if I want to help, is to review or comment.

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.