Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
In search of a kind soul to beta my story.
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: In search of a kind soul to beta my story.
Dita Taylor
Pup
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
In search of a kind soul to beta my story. 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello everyone!

I doubt any of you have heard about me, for I am not an active poster of my work. But recently I saved up enough courage to attempt and submit my first SesshKag fanfiction, And as the title suggests, I am looking for someone willing to beta my work

Not only am I nervous about posting something (I haven't posted any of my written work in over six years.) but English is not my first language and I am kind of scared of making mistakes :c.

I'm looking for a beta that checks my spelling and grammar, and maybe in the long run how consistent I am with my writing style and gives me their opinion of the fanfiction. For any of you betas interested, I'll leave some hints as to what the story is about so you kind souls can decide whether you are interested c:

Title: -In the Distant Road Ahead-

Summary: When Inuyasha died, Kagome felt as if her soul and heart had been broken all over again. So when an exorcism trip goes wrong, it’s Sesshoumaru who saves her and helps her regain some of her old self. Feelings develop and problems arise. Because life was never easy.
Rating: MA
General Warnings: Violence, Cursing, Gore and future sexual content.
Universe: Canon. Set after Kagome returns to Sengoku Jidai and after the Extra Chapter (#559).

I might as well point out that I am trying to keep mayor details close to canon, although I am taking more from the manga rather than the anime but still incorporating some elements of it. I also make some references to the movies. Also, I already have the general outline of the story, and it is very long. So it'll have around 60 chapters or so. BUT DO NOT PANIC. I am a slow writer, so I won't be harassing you every three days c: and I don't plan on posting anything before I have at least half the story written out (because I am slow and I'd hate to make any readers wait on me D:). So yeah, no need to be my full time beta.

I'd be eternally grateful.

Thank you!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/12/21 09:55 By Saladita12.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Silence-Midnight
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:In search of a kind soul to beta my story. 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 83
Hi there!

Your story sounds interesting and i think there will be someone who will be willingly to help you

I can not beta because english isn´t either my first language and sometimes i´m a bit confused by the english language
But I look forward to your first chapter^^

Have fun to write your story and welcome to Dokuga!!!

Logged Logged

BelovedStranger
Shikon Miko
graphgraph
Re:In search of a kind soul to beta my story. 9 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 60
Hello,

I would be more than willing to assist you and be your FULL time beta (if you like how I beta, of course). I have a lot of experience in writing and editing (beta-ing) for people, even fellow Dokuga members. I even help those who are not native English speakers. I'll not only look over your work, but I teach while editing so you'll be able to learn.

Not only do I look out for grammar and spelling errors, I look for consistency in plot and character development.

PM me and let me know if you would like to talk more

Logged Logged

~BelovedStranger~
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.