Dokuga Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
What have you been reading???
(1 viewing) 1 Guest
Go to bottom
TOPIC: What have you been reading???
Kat
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
What have you been reading??? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 52
There comes a time in everyone's life where we must take a break from our normal reading lists (seskag)and find something else to read. I have found three great writers that I just have to share with you all.

Laurell K Hamilton = Anita Blake Vampire hunter, Merry Gentry
Sherrilyn Kenyon = Dark hunter
J.D. Robb = In Death

Now the books that I have put up are all series books. I highly recommend them. They are not for everyone. defiantly not for anyone under 18 they would be rated MA here that's for sure.

Tell me whats your favorite book? Who is your favorite writer?

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
FaerieDearest
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What have you been reading??? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 152
My favorite book is "Whores on the Hill" by Colleen Curran, it's about a bunch of crazy teenage girls in the 80's.

I also like the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris. Though I'm very disappointed with the final book, there are great fanfiction with alternative endings on ff.net.

PS. Can I write the word 'whore'? If I can't, I'm sorry Wiccan! D:

Logged Logged
None
Time Traveler
graphgraph
Re:What have you been reading??? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 57
I've been reading 'The Chamber' by John Grisham, which is ironically actually quite good once you get into it.

My favourite book is probably a toss up of several, although the one that stands out the most from memory is Anne McCaffrey's Dragonsong and it's sequel Dragonsinger.

~ Pyre

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/07/23 00:10 By Pyre.
WiccanMethuselah
Admin
graphgraph
Re:What have you been reading??? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 277
FaerieDearest wrote:
My favorite book is "Whores on the Hill" by Colleen Curran, it's about a bunch of crazy teenage girls in the 80's.

I also like the Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris. Though I'm very disappointed with the final book, there are great fanfiction with alternative endings on ff.net.

PS. Can I write the word 'whore'? If I can't, I'm sorry Wiccan! D:

No worries, m'dear... it's okay to use the word in a title!

But thanks for asking!!

~~Wiccan~~

Logged Logged

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinion.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
- James Russell Lowell 1864

cakeiton
Shrine Girl
graphgraph
Re:What have you been reading??? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 55
Currently reading 'A Canticle for Leibowitz' by Walter Miller Jr.

I have no FAVORITE book, though there are ones I have read several times. My whole family is known for the books piled in every room and a reading list they will never finish.

One I will suggest to everyone here is 'Never Let Me Go' by Ishiguro. I almost cried ( which is Bawling My Eyes Out for most people)

Logged Logged

Cathyrin
Inuyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What have you been reading??? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 8
Kat, if u like sherrilyn kenyon try christine feehan too. I love her series. Her dark and sisters series are two of my favorite series. Along with jd robb. Love love love! Anyways, book i most recently read was Unexpected by Lori foster. Cute little romance book. Searching fir a new read tho.

Logged Logged
Sakura Dragon
Whelp
graphgraph
Re:What have you been reading??? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 12
Lets see (takes a deep breath): Over the past months I've read 'The Five Hundred Kingdoms' series by Mercedes Lackey, the 'Enchanted Forest Chronicles' by Patricia Wrede, 'Moonfleet' by J. Meade Falkner, 'King Solomon's Mines' by H Rider Haggard, the 'Memory, Sorrow and Thorn' trilogy by Tad Williams (currently on the third volume).

I also started reading the 'The Forsyte Saga' by John Galsworthy but didn't get very far. I'm currently reading 'The Translated Man' by Chris Braak. Also recently got the audiobooks for 'A Song Of Ice and Fire' and already listened to the first volume.

On my very extensive reading list is 'The Night Watch' series by Sergei Lukyanenko.

I like reading so I have a lot of books I love, including at least half of the Discworld series. But two of my all time favorites are 'Persuasion' by Jane Austen and 'Howl's Moving Castle' by Diana Wynne Jones.

As for my favorite authors, they include Terry Pratchett, Umberto Eco, Jules Verne and Alexandre Dumas.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2014/07/23 09:21 By sakura_dragon10.

I claimed Bankotsu\'s braided hair in The Claim Game
\"A lie is more comfortable than doubt, more useful than love, more lasting than truth.\"
— Gabriel García Márquez
Kat
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What have you been reading??? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 52
Cathyrin, I to love christine feehan, her newest book, Dark Wolf was awesome! and if your still lookin for a new book to read do try the Anita Blake series I bet you'll love them.

Logged Logged
KouseiJL
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What have you been reading??? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 17
I've got shelves of stuff I re-read and then new ones I find. I've stumbled onto the Mithermages series by Orson Scott Card. (The Lost Gate and the Gate Thief are the two titles in existence thus far.) Great examples of a combination of creating a new world within the framework of existing mythology. He also writes a wonderful "about the book" finishing piece that gives a little insight into his technique and method.

I've also discovered The Clockwork Angel, The Clockwork Prince, and the Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. Excellent steampunk style work.

Older books:
C.S. Friedman's Black Sun Rising trilogy. First dark brooding character I fell in love with! I guess you could call it an alternate universe to our current one.

Anything Anne McCaffrey. I have several of her series, and the Pern stories are classics to constantly revisit! Her "Freedom" series is just incredible.

David Eddings: classic sorcery books!

Douglas Niles A Breach in the Watershed trilogy - and anything else by him!

Classic Terry Brooks both his Shannara and his other series are wonderful reads.

If you want a break from fantasy/sci fi:
David Baldacci and the Camel Club series

Charles Brokaw's The Temple Mount Code

Kathy Reich's - Bones series... what the TV show was based on. Excellent series, although if you're a fan of the show it can sometimes be difficult to get over the disparities between the two.

As always, any classics from Jane Austen, to Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Kipling, Hemingway, Bronte sisters, etc.

I'm a voracious reader, so I'm sure I'll be checking out these other recommendations as soon as I can find them at a library! I'm typically working on 2-3 books while I'm devouring my Sess/Kag addiction.

Good luck, and if you find you like some of my recommendations, please feel free to message me to exchange others! I've got shelves I'd be happy to share with you!

Logged Logged
Kessa
Pup
graphgraph
Re:What have you been reading??? 9 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 8
Ooo, so many to choose from! I read a lot, too much sometimes, it has slowed granted with children...but I try not to let that deterr me, haha.
I have a huge list, I may repeat some suggested already

Anne Bishop, her Black Jewels Trilogy and other connecting books are always a favourite to go back and reread.
Jacquelyn Frank; anything by her is worth reading.
Nalini Singh; I just finished one of her recent releases from her Psy/Changling novels, always excellent as well as her Guild Hunter novels.
Kresley Cole: Immortals After Dark series
Anne McCathery, her Pern novels are classics to go back and read.
Larissa Ione, her demonica novels
Gena Showalter; love pretty much anything by her. Her Atlantis novels are good but I favour her Lords of the Underworld better.
Christine Feehan: you must read her books. MUST.
Sherrilyn Kenyon. MUST READ.
You can also find good reads by Laura Wright, Alexandra Ivy, Lara Aiden, and Donna Grant.
If you like to read something that is almost purely smut, Lora Leigh's Breed novels aren't bad.
David Clement Davies 'the Sight' and 'Fell' are worth a reread as well as any David Eddings books and Terry Brooks.
Ohh and Mercedes Lackey! I especially like her one series, beginning with Joust.
Lynn Flewelling's Tamir Trilogy is one of my old favourites.
Deborah Chester's 'The Sword, the Ring and the Chalise' trilogy is good as well as Alma Alexander's 'Hidden Queen' and 'Changer of Days'

If you don't mind dabbling into the teen novels to sweeter romances, Kelley Armstrong, Amanda Hocking, C.C. Hunter and Anthea Sharp have recently made it to my bookshelf and ereader. I have so many more books I could spit out but I better stop while I can, haha. I think I'll be going through my books now and getting a big stack to reread.

Logged Logged

There is a darker side in all of us that needs to be appeased...
Kat
Taiyoukai
graphgraph
Re:What have you been reading??? 9 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 52
I just finished reading a trilogy written by Nora Roberts called "The Irish Born Trilogy".
It was fantastic I highly recommend.

Happy reading

Logged Logged
Go to top

INUYASHA © Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan • Yomiuri TV • Sunrise 2000
No money is being made from the creation or viewing of content on this site, which is strictly for personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with the copyright.